Development Platform Product Director
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 207951
Position Title: Product Management Director
Development Platform Product Director
Teradata is seeking a platform product management leader to define and build the future of Teradata’s developer experience. As a member of the Products Organization reporting to the VP of Global Services you will be required to plan and drive the development of the API portfolio, SDKs, developer documentation, coding examples, and command line tools that empower monitoring, identity management, data access, automation, and more.
In partnership with a world-class team of engineers, you will be responsible for developing, prioritizing, communicating, and executing on a roadmap that provides the central building blocks for creating applications, services, and solutions on Teradata.
You will be part of an established team of product managers and a wider cross-functional team including engineering, design, user research, marketing, sales, consulting, as well as key partners in policy, legal and communications. You’ll work with senior leaders across Teradata to shape our strategy & products that will catalyze the growth in adoption and usage of the Teradata platform.
Through the Teradata Developer Platform you will shape how solutions get built for our customers -- the largest enterprises on the planet -- and hardest data problems in existence. You will be focused on helping developers be successful with Teradata and enabling our teams to better serve them.
You have will need to have:
- A track record of success building and maintaining platform capabilities and products
- Experience in defining needs driven by the voice of the customer
- Collaborative skills and experience shipping software in conjunction with design, development, testing, marketing, and sales
- In depth knowledge of data lifecycle for an enterprise, preferably in the cloud
- Ability to influence strategy based on data and evidence across organizations
- Willing to change your mind given new data, and able to change directions quickly if you/the team discovers a better way to serve your customers.
- You are a leader who thrives in a complex stakeholder environment and can rally teams to build amazing products.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and collaborate the Product Management and Engineering organizations
- Ability to lead by influence and to create teams from different organizations.
- Own and develop a roadmap for API services, developer documentation, SDKs, and tools that enables our team to deliver a best-in-class experience for developers building on Teradata
- Lead the development of new product access request and review services that enable millions of Teradata API developers to get the access they need while protecting the Teradata API from misuse
- Own and define success criteria & metrics for your team’s work, and positively impact those metrics
- Create an experiment-driven culture that helps our business realize the benefits of improving our approach to developer experience
- Drive agile execution with engineering teams and advocate for collaboration with design, research, and consulting teams as necessary
- Inspire your team and contribute to overall team health through retros, trainings, etc.
- Work with GTM/Sales, consulting, and partners to map user needs to APIs and tools used for selling consulting services
- Work with Product Operations to integrate into cross-product activities and planning.
- 5+ years of product management experience
- 2+ years of experience leading infrastructure / APIs / platforms for internal customer teams
- 3-5 years of software engineering experience
- In-depth technical understanding of API design / use between large scale distributed systems
- Proficiency in SQL and experience working with database systems to extract business insights
- A strong point of view on how to drive business decisions through insights/data
- Mature sense of what it means to deliver a great customer experience to developers
- Ability to think strategically and craft a compelling product vision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional planning, collaboration and organizational skills
- Experience working with ISV and SIs is desired
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Development Platform Product Director
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US