Senior Technical Program Manager - Security Programs
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 207941
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that over promise and under deliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Teradata, the world's leading data analytics company is looking for an experienced Technical Program Manager to join our Cloud team. If you are interested in working in a startup environment where you can directly influence the future of cloud based analytics solutions and services, then the Teradata Cloud is the place for you. You will actively define and implement state of the art technical solutions, including capabilities to support elastic scalability, on-demand self-service, disaster recovery, and usage based consumption, to enable customers to solve their most complex data analytics challenges.
• 8+ years experience in a technical project management or related role.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Candidate must have good written and oral communication skills, be a fast learner and have the ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced development environment
• Experienced with Cloud technologies like AWS, have a strong interest in learning about and playing with the latest technologies and building compelling solutions
• Experience with managing Security Vulnerabilities and Compliance, Cloud Operations including Cost Management, Provisioning and onboarding customers.
• Demonstrated experience working across teams, respecting and welcoming ideas from partners, business stakeholders, and technical experts.
• Strong organizational skills, successful track record of coordinating between multiple project stakeholders, technical program managers, and software development teams
• Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive
• A strong track record of successful project delivery for cross-functional projects
• Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
• Experience in creating and managing complex, cross-team project plans; prior success in driving execution of large-scale project plans with multiple teams in support of business goals
• Hands on experience with Agile methodologies like SAFe
• US Citizenship Required
What’s in it for you?
Teradata offers you an excellent compensation and benefits package, including unlimited personal time off and the opportunity to live and work in one of the most desirable places in the world, sunny San Diego. You’ll also be part of a Company with a portfolio of Cloud-based business analytics solutions, architecture consulting, and industry-leading big data and analytics technology. Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies and great people.
Position could be based in the following R&D office locations: Bellevue, WA; San Diego, CA; Santa Clara, CA; Austin, TX; or Raleigh, NC
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Technical Program Manager - Security Programs
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US