Senior Manager, Cloud Engineering
Location: Bellevue, Washington US
Requisition Number: 207940
Position Title: Senior Manager, Cloud Engineering
Senior Cloud Engineering Manager
Do you describe yourself as a strong leader and a person focused on delivering results? Are you passionate about building a highly scalable, fault tolerant, elastic, and secure services in public cloud environments like AWS, Azure or GCP? Do you enjoy leading and growing a team of engineers?
Teradata, the world's leading data analytics company is looking for an experienced Senior Engineering Manager who is passionate about building innovative cloud services. This is your opportunity to be part of the team that’s working in a startup environment and directly influence the future of cloud-based analytics solutions and services. As part of our cloud organization, you’ll build, own and manage an engineering team and lead them to build various cloud services.
- Build and manage a cloud engineering team with an execution focus.
- Define long term strategic technology and process roadmaps.
- Provide technical guidance to a team of engineers and architects, including ability to dive into the details as needed.
- Strong technical and people leadership skills.
- Build low-friction APIs, highly-responsive web UIs and intuitive CLIs using professional software engineering practices and best practices for full software development life cycle (SDLC), including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build process, testing, and operations.
- Lead day to day direction of Cloud Engineering team/s.
- Develop DevOps processes and procedures to rapidly transition new Cloud Services into production.
- Provide regular reports on how Cloud architecture and UI design are impacting development, quality, operations, and performance.
- Communicate effectively with other engineering teams, QA, PMs and senior leadership team.
- Evaluate new technologies, open source libraries, cloud native services and define long term strategic investments and feature roadmaps.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related field or equal experience)
- 10+ years of hands-on software development experience
- Demonstratable experience of managing and leading an engineering team to build and operate a cloud service in public cloud platform.
- Experience in multiple roles such as distributed systems, front end, database systems and full stack.
- Knowledge of modern web frameworks and tools (such as Angular, React, Backbone, Sass, Webpack, Polymer, Closure, etc.)
- Demonstratable experience in at least one modern general-purpose programming language (like Java, C++, Node.js, Typescript, Go and Python)
- Experience working with automated deployments and source code/configuration management tools (such as GitHub, AWS CloudFormation, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Vagrant, Terraform, and similar)
- Must be able to work cross-functionally with other internal and external partner organizations
- Deep passion for quality and customer focus.
- Proven experience building services on at least one of public cloud platforms (AWS or Azure or GCP).
What’s in it for you?
This job is an excellent opportunity to join a global, multi-billion dollar per year leader in data and analytics, working with the top companies in their industries. You will work at our beautiful Bellevue, Washington campus, in one of the best places to live in America. Teradata offers excellent compensation and benefits that include unlimited PTO, matching 401(k), employee stock purchase plan, medical and dental insurances, and much more. Apply now to take the best next step in your career.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Manager, Cloud Engineering
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bellevue, Washington US