Staff Software Engineer - Parallel Upgrade Tool (PUT)
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 207939
Position Title: Software Engineer (IV)
Teradata Labs, the technology research and development (R&D) organization within Teradata Corporation, has been turning innovative decision support technology into business results for over 30 years. Our R&D team of analytic architects, database developers and engineers work to understand and advance emerging technologies to invent the next wave of cutting-edge analytic data solutions.
Supporting Teradata in the cloud is a key part of our “Teradata Everywhere” strategy. Our Data Warehousing and analytics solutions need to operate on a greater number of open platforms and as a software only solution. Teradata is committed to offering solutions for a number of public and private cloud environments as well as our traditional on-premise solutions.
This position is for a Staff Software Engineer in the Shared Services organization. This group is responsible for delivering and supporting software solutions to provision, install, update and manage the lifecycle of Teradata software products. The position involves software development, integration, and functional testing (including automated test development) of our software solutions.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated and creative software engineer who is ready to participate in an agile team environment and contribute to the success of Teradata. The successful candidate will possess excellent software engineering skills in technologies such as C++, Python, and RESTful API development. Experience with Angular UI development preferred. Good oral and written communication skills are also required.
- Member of an agile development team responsible for full software life cycle.
- Work on Stories as defined by the Product Owner to develop and support software required to install and upgrade Teradata database and ecosystem applications in various environments.
- Work individually or side-by-side with other scrum team members to document, implement, and test software in support of the overall solution.
- Serve as a technical lead for resolving issues with system-wide impact.
- Serve as a peer in technical meetings, regular code reviews, and technical planning meetings
- Ultimately be accountable for the quality of all Teradata solutions that are developed by the team.
- Understanding of software development in a fast-paced agile scrum development environment.
- Knowledge of software packaging technologies such as rpm and zypper
- Knowledge of RESTful API development
- Knowledge of Web UI development with Covalent, Angular, React, etc.
- Knowledge of configuration management and orchestration tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Knowledge of Linux operating system
- Familiarity with Git
- Familiarity with Jenkins
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline with 7+ years of work experience.
- Masters or PhD degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline with 5+ years of work experience.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Software Engineer - Parallel Upgrade Tool (PUT)
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US