Senior Software Engineer
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 207936
Position Title: Software Engineer (III)
Responsible for the designing and development of new features in the complex areas of the Teradata Database including understanding of the existing features and code which needs strong ‘C/C++’ skills. Excellent analytic abilities with an extensive background understanding of Database internals, SQL grammar, data structures and OS internals. Candidate shall also be involved in fixing bugs in the Teradata Database code initially to gain an understanding of the different areas. Experience in working in UNIX / Linux environments is highly desirable.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field with 5+ years of programming and development experience.
- Ability to design complex database features
- Strong C/C++ programming skills.
- Experience working with Relational Databases (RDBMS) and SQL.
- Excellent problem solving and strong debugging skills
- Experience with GDB, GitHub is a plus.
- Working experience in Agile Software Development
- Ability to work with a Product Owner, Senior Developers, Feature Testers in Agile framework
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Responsible primarily for the development and delivery of Teradata database features.
- Participate in understanding of feature requirements and enhancements and creation of design documents.
- Develop, unit test and review the code in C/C++ language.
- Analyze database defects, design fix and unit test changes.
- Aptitude for understanding complex software from the functional and technical perspective.
- Responsible for code quality
- Report progress against objectives on periodic basis
Works with product Owner, Architects, scrum team and reports to Engineering Manager
and generating Design Documents, Software development, Unit/Integration testing, bug fixing.
- Strong programming skills with C/C++
- Software development experience in Linux and Windows O/S
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technology
- Attention to detail
- Ability to follow documented specifications and plans with minimal supervision
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Works well in a team environment
The following skills are nice to have:
- Cloud knowledge
- Teradata Database Knowledge
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN