Senior Director Engineering, Continuous Delivery
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 207920
Position Title: Senior Director, Quality Engineering
Location: San Diego, Santa Clara, Hyderabad, Raleigh
Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and advanced analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share – our united goal of making Teradata and our people the best we can be – the ability to rise as one.
Teradata is looking for a strong leader able to work across all functions of the company to drive our strategy and implementation of modern, efficient and effective product delivery processes, infrastructure and tools. This leader’s success will have an outsized impact on improving Teradata’s product quality and time to market.
The Senior Director of Continuous Delivery will be responsible for the strategy, implementation and execution of Teradata Product Engineering’s (PE) CICD pipeline. This leader will manage the teams designing, implementing and supporting the required tools and infrastructure for a successful automated product pipeline, as well as be responsible for implementing and operating the production pipeline(s). This is a driver position. The successful candidate will be able to work with teams across PE, Product Management, Customer Services, Finance, ITS and Executive Leadership to both establish and drive the changes necessary for success
- Lead a team of Software Developers, DevOps Engineers and Quality Engineers to implement an efficient and effective CICD tool chain and production pipeline. This will involve making build versus buy decisions on tools, as well as extensive work cross-functionally to ensure the pipeline is built end to end to meet Teradata’s required business outcomes.
- Drive Automation everywhere possible.
- Provide thought leadership across PE, and the company, regarding Continuous Delivery and efficient and effective Quality Product Delivery practices.
- Use analytics to measure success, make data-driven decisions and provide continuous feedback/status to leadership
- Develop and manage the CD pipeline to enable timely delivery of high-quality product component releases to Teradata customers.
- Drive continual improvement in our product delivery process.
- Ensure that Quality and Security are first-class citizens, working with our Governance team to implement monitoring and measurement (metrics) into the pipeline automation.
- Partnering with business and operations stakeholders to translate program requirements into technical solutions and system design.
- Continue developing a high-performing team by pursuing performance excellence through shared goals, shared leadership across the organization, collaboration, open communication, clear role expectations and group operating rules with strong sense of accountability and trust
- Interact with customers and partners (both internal and external) to understand their problem space and articulate the functionalities/features of the pipeline.
- Set goals and provide technical guidance and to Engineering Managers, Product Leaders and Senior Engineers.
- Work across groups and come with win-win strategies to deliver results.
- Communicate effectively across teams and at all levels of the organization, from engineers up through the Teradata Leadership Team.
- Evaluate new technologies and define strategic investments and partnerships.
- Deep passion for quality and customer focus.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 15 years of related experience with a university degree; or 12 years and an advanced degree; or a PhD with 8 years’ experience; or equivalent experience.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work well with others in a fast-paced agile environment with an emphasis on collaborating and assisting teams to meet business objectives.
- Related experience driving organizational change.
- Subject matter expert in leading the development of automation tools and infrastructure
- Broad experience leading, and/or partnering closely with, teams in Quality, Development, Customer Service, IT, Finance and Product
- Demonstrated proficiency with DevOps including CI/CD, Monitoring, Provisioning and Deployment, On-Call.
- Deep experience with quality frameworks and enablement of automation of quality testing.
- Experience leading, building and working with diverse teams in multiple geographies.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work through complex technical and resource problems, and manage/mitigate risks
- Keen sense of business priorities as decision drivers
- Experience working in Agile/SAFe project management methodologies and environments.
- Expert understanding of quality automation and automating test cases.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Excellent cross boundary collaboration skills.
- The right candidate is a driver who knows how to get things done.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Director Engineering, Continuous Delivery
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US