Sr. Director, Product Manager - Infrastructure Platforms & Operations Management
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 207911
Position Title: Senior Director, Product Management
Sr. Director of Product Management (PM), Infrastructure Platforms & Operations Management
Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people, the best we can be.
Platform and Business Continuity Product Management is responsible for charting and executing product and capabilities directions to achieve end user satisfaction, competitive distinction and ultimately to generate business benefits for Teradata. We have a wide range of responsibilities and a mandate to collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders to achieve our goals. Our organization has a dynamic range befitting of a portfolio of products and capabilities intent upon capturing and preparing customer data, plus ensuring analytics are always on and operating at the highest efficiency. Overall, Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
As the Senior Director of Product Management for Infrastructure Platforms and Operations Management you will own the business of a portfolio making possible the smooth delivery of Teradata Vantage for on-premises deployments. This means you will need to balance both current and future business from a market in perspective. To get there you should be eager to work with our customers and the complete Teradata value chain to achieve customer and Teradata goals. We need you, as the candidate, to demonstrate an understanding of the Information Technology (IT) infrastructure markets, ultimately map this understanding into a Teradata executable plan, using an Agile framework, and encourage the internal value chain to execute appropriately.
This Senior Director of Product Management position is for a well-rounded candidate with experiences in leading a team of product managers and owners, a proven track record of owning a set of related products in a portfolio, and extensive knowledge of the IT infrastructure market.
- Business ownership and accountability of for Vantage on VMware, IntelliFlexTM and Operations Management for Vantage.
- Discover market needs, define, implement, and maintain a comprehensive portfolio and program.
- Partner with engineering to validate key portfolio concepts, with end user customers, and then socialize validated concepts with internal stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and negotiate with senior management, colleagues, and adjacent teams using both technical and non-technical approaches.
- Exceptional ability to impact and influence business results where cross group collaboration is required using strong facilitation and consensus building skills.
- Excellent written, verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- When possible, travel globally to meet and collaborate with customers and field organizations to continuously refine and validate the program vision while maintaining strong relationships with customers.
- From the product management perspective maintain existing strategic partnerships, and as needed work with appropriate teams to build new partnerships in an effort to accelerate the business.
- Develop market opportunity analyses and monitor market trends to identify growth opportunities.
- Declare and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to help define/refine the portfolio from vision through execution.
- Generally, ensure product ownership/management activities meet industry-leading standards, processes and controls for release activities across the portfolio.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Ability to travel 25%-30% both domestically and internationally – note due to COVID 19 travel is restricted at this time.
- 10+ years of Product Management (or equivalent) experience in the software technology business.
- Proven track record of managing a team of product managers and product owners who are potentially geographically distributed.
- Progressively senior roles managing information technology products is required.
- Excellent understanding of public, private, and hybrid cloud infrastructures.
- Knowledge of key IT infrastructure hardware technologies (i.e. block and object storage, fabric interconnects, and compute infrastructures), virtualization technologies (i.e. VMware or KVM) and operations management software (e.g. DellEMC Storage Manager, Hitachi Command Suite, ServiceNow)
- A proven customer centric viewpoint, with associated hands on experiences, fully aware of the competitive and industry trends in the markets that service business continuity.
- Ability to create and own the vision and delivery of a service line offering and manage the program backlog from a user centered perspective.
- Evidence of experience in markets that service business continuity needs for customers.
- Demonstrable business planning skills such as competitive analysis, do SWOT analysis, and estimating market potential of feature and product.
- 12-15 years of Product Management experience in a software technology business
- MBA, Masters in a technically related field, or relevant experiences
- Demonstrable understanding of converged infrastructures like DellEMC VxRack/VxRail, Cisco/PureStorage FlashStack or Hitachi UCP.
- Awareness of the relational database technologies and their intersection with IT infrastructures and management software.
- Familiarity with deployment technologies like Ansible, PaaS offerings, (e.g. Cloud Foundry and OpenShift) and generic container technologies.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and ability to navigate a complex and unstructured cross-functional environment
- Experience in managing the product life cycle in Aha!
Benefits You’ll Enjoy
Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
This position is located in San Diego, CA (specifically Rancho Bernardo). This fast-paced high-tech environment is perfect for individuals seeking to exercise innovation and out of the box thinking to move our state-of-the-art technologies and product strategies forward.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Director, Product Manager - Infrastructure Platforms & Operations Management
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US