Software Support Engineer (Java SE)
Location: Moscow, Moskva RU
Requisition Number: 207908
Position Title: Managed Services III
Software Support Engineer is responsible for providing support to customers, analyzing, identifying and fixing software problems, answering complex questions on function and usage of a product. He/She works as a part of a dynamic team consisting of engineers, analysts and consultants for the customer projects in a rapidly growing company. This individual must have the skills necessary to understand the overall data warehouse architecture. While the role is truly an individual contributor, a high degree of ownership, interaction, and teamwork is required to be effective in the role. The Support Engineer is responsible for ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction with both Teradata software and services.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Work with Service Experience Managers (SEM) and support team in delivering of technical support of customer developed integration software;
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of Teradata products in order to effectively and efficiently support customers;
- Effectively interact with Teradata Engineering and Technical Consulting peers to report, troubleshoot, and repair defects in software;
- Handle highly complex technical customer issues, providing resolution in time. Contribute to processes improvement in order to meet service level agreements;
- Effectively manage internal and external customer expectations to ensure satisfaction with Customer Services offerings;
- Ensure that every customer is treated professionally and with respect;
- Assist in the technical mentoring of additional team members;
- Log, research, and accurately resolve customer inquiries and problems in a timely manner, meeting and exceeding;
- Ensure proper escalation occurs for unresolved issues to ensure the customer remains satisfied;
- Gain and maintain current knowledge of Teradata Customer Services Policies and Procedures.
- Java SE development experience (2 years and more);
- GreenPlum integration experience;
- Java multithreading knowledge;
- In depth knowledge of any enterprise relational database;
- Software troubleshooting & support experience;
- Experience in Linux / bash scripting;
- Understanding of Kerberos authentication architecture;
- Master degree in IT or related sphere;
- English intermediate, Russian native/advanced.
What we offer
- World-class technical & operations training within Teradata University, Udemy & LinkedIn Learning;
- Possibility of ITIL, Teradata & other technologies certifications;
- Annual bonus;
- Meal allowance;
- Mobile phone allowance;
- Medical and life insurance;
- Employee referral program.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Support Engineer (Java SE)
Job Category: Consulting
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Moscow, Moskva RU