Technical Program Manager
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 207873
Position Title: Project Manager (IV)
Teradata, the world's leading data analytics company is looking for experienced developers to join our Teradata Labs team. If you are interested in working in a startup environment where you can directly influence the future of cloud based analytics solutions and services, then the Teradata Cloud is the place for you. You will actively define and implement state of the art technical solutions, including capabilities to support elastic scalability, on-demand self-service, disaster recovery, and usage based consumption, to enable customers to solve their most complex data analytics challenges.
The Teradata Managed Cloud team is looking for a highly self-driven, passionate Technical Program Manager (TPM) who can provide hands-on support to cloud service and applications teams. We are looking for a detail-oriented, delivery-obsessed, customer-centric candidate who will be responsible for scoping and delivering large scale complex projects, end-to-end in start-up mode/team. Strong interpersonal skills, judgment and leadership are essential to succeed in this role. You will help Engineering teams to focus on core engineering while leading the Program Management aspects of product scoping, definition, planning, execution/tracking, driving/leading Agile/Scrum outcomes as needed and delivery – scoping, dependency, status tracking, delivery/deployment and understanding/connecting technical challenges with respective internal engineering teams spread across globe and drive the delivery to success. Teradata, a market leader in data analytics, is looking for exceptional TPM to join the Teradata Cloud & Applications part of Product Engineering organization @ Hyderabad. If you are interested in working in a startup environment where you can directly influence the end-2-end product engineering experience, for our products/services as-a-service platforms for cloud-based analytics, then the Teradata Cloud is the right place for you.
As a Technical Program Manager your responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Work closely with product managers & product engineering to understand product vision, product priorities & roadmap, and help in estimating scope.
- Scope projects by working closely with engineering managers, technical architects and other cloud service teams.
- Develop and manage project plans to successfully deliver results.
- Run program / Teams level meetings, track milestones and drive releases to on-time delivery.
- Identify bottlenecks, risks, dependencies and coordinate discussions with cross-functional teams to review project deliverables.
- Build partnerships with cross-functional product teams and cloud service teams in Teradata.
- Maintain project dashboards, status of completion goals, backlog items and tracking project metrics.
- Site Technical Program Manager responsible for Shared Programs run across different development locations
- Collaborate with All stakeholders while managing and contributing to complex programs
- Getting your hands dirty if push comes to shove by rolling up your sleeve and writing code. (A bonus)
Job Requirements / Qualifications:
- 10+ years of overall experience, with 5+ years of Program Management experience, prior experience in Development/Quality will be preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Hands on experience with Agile/SAFe methodologies
- PMP/SAFe Certified
- Thorough understanding of software development lifecycle from idea to market, with the mindset of continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Experience in creating and managing complex, cross-team project plans; prior success in driving execution of large-scale project plans for both On Premise and Cloud with multiple teams in support of business goals
- Candidate must have good written and oral communication skills, be a fast learner and can adapt quickly to a fast-paced development environment
- Experienced with Cloud technologies like AWS, Azure & GCP, have a strong interest in learning about and playing with the latest technologies
- Experience with managing Security Vulnerabilities and Compliance, Cloud Operations including Cost Management, Provisioning and onboarding customers.
- Demonstrated experience working across teams, respecting and welcoming ideas from partners, business stakeholders, and technical experts.
- Strong organizational skills, successful track record of coordinating between multiple project stakeholders, technical program managers, and software development teams
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive
- A strong track record of successful project delivery for cross-functional projects
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Experience in delivering results by driving execution of programs spanning multiple locations from idea to market
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Program Manager
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN