Senior Cloud Software Engineer
Location: Austin, Texas US
Requisition Number: 207868
Position Title: Cloud Services Engineer (IV)
Cloud Services Engineer
Location: Austin, TX or Virtual
Teradata, the world's leading data analytics company is looking for software engineers who are passionate about building cloud services to join our Teradata Cloud team. This is a unique opportunity to join our team in a period of fast growth and expansion. If you are interested in working in a startup environment where you can directly influence the future of cloud-based analytics solutions and services, then the Teradata Cloud is the place for you. You will actively define and implement state of the art technical solutions, including capabilities to support elastic scalability, on-demand self-service, disaster recovery, and usage-based consumption, to enable customers to solve their most complex data analytics challenges.
Teradata Cloud seeks a Cloud Distributed Systems Software Engineer to build and operate highly scalable, fault tolerant, elastic, and secure services in a distributed system of hardware with varying reliability guarantees.
You will be working with a team of the brightest analytical and engineering minds in the industry to understand and advance emerging technologies to invent the next wave of cutting-edge analytic data solutions.
You will be solving the world’s toughest business problems with data and analytics and leveraging the latest technologies with an emphasis on cloud.
Business Objectives would include:
- You must be able to drive requirements, design, develop implementation, and document software by leveraging agile methodologies
- You should be able to apply latest design patterns (including microservices) and technologies to deliver clean, modular, maintainable and performant solutions.
- You are comfortable in a team environment that is highly collaborative and places strong emphasis on peer review.
- You must be able to engineer applications and web services that can run in the cloud, on premise or in hybrid environments.
- You have a strong passion for developing incredibly simple, yet highly functional interfaces.
- You are knowledgeable with open source tools and technologies and can use / extend them wherever appropriate to develop solutions.
- You should be able to drive initiatives, mentor junior team members, new hires and interns.
- You need to have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- You are highly motivated, think creatively, and comfortable working in team-based environments
- You will have to work across teams and organizations, to build end-2-end solutions
- At least a Master’s degree or above
- At least 5 years of hands-on software development experience.
- Strong computer science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
Experience architecting/designing, implementing, and operating distributed complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Familiarity with dev-ops software development methods.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Experience with Teradata technologies.
- Knowledge of relational database engines.
- Experience with Cloud services like AWS, Azure or GCP
- Experience with container related technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, etc
- Experience working with large data sets including NoSQL data stores(dynamo, DocumentDB/Cosmos.
- Familiarity with big data analytic engines like Hadoop.
- Experience working with customers on deployment of supporting mission critical, 24x7 systems.
- Experience with automated deployments and source code / configuration management tools - GitHub, AWS CloudFormation, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Vagrant, Terraform, etc.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Cloud Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US