Software Engineer, Critical Support and Sustaining Engineering
Location: El Segundo, California US
Requisition Number: 207867
Position Title: Software Engineer (III)
Software Engineer – Customer Alignment COE
Location: El Segundo, CA (preferred) or San Diego, CA
This fast-paced agile work environment is perfect for individuals seeking to exercise innovation and out of the box thinking to move our state-of-the-art technology to the next level. If you are a highly motivated and creative software engineer who is ready to participate in a team environment and contribute to the success of Teradata, this role is perfect.
Interesting Work You’ll Do
Design, code, and test enhancements for the Teradata Vantage product. The emphasis of this position is the SQL Engine kernel software.
- Write design and test specifications for significant portions of SQL Engine kernel enhancements
- Participate in planning, design, implementation, test, and maintenance of enhancements to the SQL engine according to a standard development process
- Perform related requirements analysis, performance analysis, and problem analysis
- Define work breakdowns and design of individual components
- Independently analyze and enhance existing designs/implementations
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Provide leadership of small to medium size projects and serve as a mentor to team members
- Thorough understanding of relational databases
- Knowledge of software engineering practices and metrics
- Bachelor’s Degree or above in Computer Science or related discipline or the equivalent
- 4+ years of design and programming experience
- 4+ years of hands-on C/C++ development and Perl/Python scripting
- 4+ years of experience debugging and problem-solving in Linux
- Experience with or knowledge of software structured as a collection of processes using message system primitives
- Experience with or knowledge of the design and construction of database engine software, which should include SQL or similar construction
- Software development in Linux environment using ClearCase and/or GitHub
- Knowledge and understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle, agile software development methodologies, and best practices
- Experience with complex software, concurrency control issues, and locking protocols, and analyzing performance issues
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: El Segundo
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer, Critical Support and Sustaining Engineering
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: El Segundo, California US