Senior Staff Software Architect
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 207858
Position Title: Software Architect (V)
Technology and Architecture
- Be an integral member of the central product architecture team and help lead the architecture efforts for our cutting edge Teradata Vantage Data and Analytics Platform
- Architect, design and drive the implementation of an analytics platform for our next generation software that is cloud ready and cover the end to end analytic workflow by leveraging and facilitating the use and integration of open source tools and frameworks in combination with tried and tested best-in-class technologies.
- Providing best practices and governance for building complex data processing and analytics platform that integrate EDW, Data Lakes and stream analytics tools assembling traditional and microservices architectures.
- Mentor and coach other data & integration team members to help grow analytics and microservices knowledge within the organization.
- Be customer-focused, strong performance analysts, Linux systems-savvy, and good microservice and cloud infrastructure designer to help define the bleeding edge for elegant, and scalable services.
- Analyze enterprise trends, business goals, and economic viability, and define principles to guide technology decisions for the analytics and cloud architecture for various business areas.
- Evangelize the analytics led, streaming and serverless approach and ensure re-usability across various projects as well as interoperability with de diverse ecosystem of open sources and CSP frameworks and services for Analytics and AI.
- Own the architectural patterns and best practices in the Integration space and ensure a high level of interoperability with 3rd parties.
Technical / Professional Competencies
- The ideal candidate will have experience with design and implementation of distributed systems, in cloud and on-premise deployment, and data management/processing infrastructure.
- Should have a thorough understanding of the end to end analytics workflow and the open source frameworks, big data tools and cloud services related with it.
- Should have experience implementing data processing and analytics pipelines in batch, streaming and real time scenarios using open source technologies like Kubernetes, Docker, KubeFlow, MLFlow as well as cloud services like AWS SageMaker, AWS Kinesis, AWS lambda, Azure Batch AI, GCP Big Query, etc.
- Should be somebody who enjoys architecting on and owning software platforms, is customer-centric, and feels strongly not only about building excellent software systems but also making it scalable, fault-tolerant and highly performant.
Strategy and Planning
- Enable cross-functional collaboration across the enterprise to drive programs from infancy ensuring that the features align with Product Management goals.
- Empower members at all levels of the organization by clearly communicating the “why, what, and how” their contributions fit into the larger picture.
Operational /Customer Management
- Effectively communicate the “what and the why” for priorities decisions while providing perspective and guidance across all levels within the organization.
- Appropriately organize and present pertinent information (status, options, decisions) required by management to make effective decisions.
- Deliver innovative solutions that meet existing and future market/business needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, availability, sustainability, security and timelines of our enterprise customer base.
- Capable to interact with partners and customers to drive collaboration and integrations.
Leadership, Management and Relationship Building Skills
- Strong analytical acumen, communication and presentation skills necessary for relationship building with teams to deliver timely collaborative solutions.
- Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills – a servant leader who collaboratively influences across a complex project.
- Ability to explain complex technical issues in a way that non-technical people may understand.
- Superior organizational skills and an affinity for detail.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Staff Software Architect
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US