Location: BEIJING, Beijing Shi CN
Requisition Number: 207830
Position Title: Technology Consulting II
Position Title: Data Developer
The Data Developer specializes in the design and development of the ETL environment, processes, programs, and scripts to acquire data from source systems and apply the data to appropriate structures within the Teradata RDBMS, Hadoop, Open Source Systems, and various other systems. Conversely, the Data Developer will also acquire data from Teradata sources such as the Teradata RDBMS, Teradata Aster, Hadoop, and other open source platforms, to apply to appropriate structures within any other customer system. The Data Developer designs and builds the ETL environment with the specific toolset required by the client. These tools may include direct interfaces supplied with Teradata, Teradata Aster, Hadoop, as well as third party data integration tools. The Data Developer will be key to implementing Teradata projects in both the public and private cloud as well as on premises, and needs to be familiar with best practices for working within these environments and within mixed environments. The Data Developer may also provide input to the database designer to optimize the data loading of the physical database. The Data Developer may be the Project Tech Lead on a project.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Capture ETL requirements – note this includes all data integration techniques such as ELT, etc.
- Design, develop, and test processes for extracting data from legacy systems, production databases, Teradata, Hadoop, and other data platforms.
- Design the processes to meet service level agreements for data timeliness and frequency.
- Determine which data elements are historic and the retention period for historic data.
- Determine data growth trends and peak business periods.
- Able to complete business requirements analysis, organize, and related ETL design and development.
- Complete the requirements analysis, data modeling, preparation of business definitions and related documents.
- Responsible for the data warehouse project database management, performance monitoring ,and optimization.
- 1+ years of data warehouse or BI projects experience and banking experience is preferred.
- In depth knowledge of ETL tools , RDBMS Theory and the SQL language.
- Ability to understand and properly use data integration techniques such as ETL and ELT.
- Profiling, validating, conditioning, transforming, and cleansing of data.
State: Beijing Shi
Community / Marketing Title: Data Developer
Job Category: Consulting
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: BEIJING, Beijing Shi CN