Geo Leader, Customer Services and Support (Remote, US)
Location: New York, New York US
Requisition Number: 207816
Position Title: Sr Director System Support Field Engineering
Geo Leader, Customer Support and Services
Location: Remote, US
The Teradata Geo Leader, Customer Support and Services will be responsible for service delivery and operations within their area of responsibility. This includes delivery of services by the aligned Service Experience Managers (SEMs), System Support Engineers and delivery partners or through strong partnerships with various service affiliated functions (Services Account Manager, Global Support, Sustaining Engineering, and Engineering) to ensure agreed upon customer requirements are met and service issues are resolved in a professional manner and aligned with the Service Level Agreement (SLA).
What You’ll Do
- Lead the transformation of our business by leading our customers and our current state organization to a XaaS model with a fully integrated model across Managed Services (MS), Cloud Operations and Customer Support (CS) offers and delivery.
- Develop and build the services business plan for the assigned Geo ensuring alignment and connectivity across GTM teams while providing focus on the development of capabilities, including recruiting, investment decisions, pricing, and professional development.
- Develop long-term strategic relationships with key assigned customers, industry partners, and external organizations
- Lead all operational aspects of Field Services to speed time-to-value through tools and processes to deliver an exceptional experience to end-users.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and mentoring for the team, fostering a culture of accountability, innovation, and team building.
- Ensure successful execution of the GTM strategies designed to drive and increase consumption through strong business Lead the development of service delivery capabilities to meet SLA requirements in a cost-effective, innovative, and efficient manner.
- Provide thought leadership and input on service offers and requirements and implement the deployment of service offers to grow further consumption and evolve ahead of changes in business conditions.
- Improve customer satisfaction by ensuring timely service response, providing maintenance according to contract requirements, and assisting in the resolution of customer complaints in a timely manner. Ensure customer KPIs and system metrics are monitored, available, and utilized by the SEM when holding technical and executive reviews; participate as needed in executive reviews.
- Lead Geo’s contractual delivery of services to Teradata Customers (delivering to the scope and managing risk).
- Serve as an executive escalation and remedy point-of-contact as needed for heightened customer issues or concerns.
- Participate in Teradata or client-sponsored service reviews, security audits, and risk assessments as needed, or required
- Manage talent deployed across the area in the Operations Management, Service Experience Management, and matrixed Services Account Management functions to ensure operational needs are addressed, ensure the team is functioning with direct accountability towards the customer experience.
- Requires a bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in business and/or technology, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10+ years’ experience managing service delivery teams in a customer-focused environment
- 10+ years’ experience working in a technology company in a technical capacity
- Proven experience leading organizations and teams through a transformation.
- Customer obsessed with significant experience in working with customers to drive offerings and operational execution.
- Ability to influence customer and/or organizational leadership to accomplish business objectives.
- Demonstrated strength in talent management, including hiring top performers, developing to top performance and retention of key contributors.
- Collaborative, open, and flexible style with a strong customer service mindset; ability to quickly build rapport and credibility.
- Strong operational knowledge and experience within a field or service affiliated organization.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Geo Leader, Customer Services and Support (Remote, US)
Job Category: Customer Support
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: New York, New York US