Senior Cloud Database Software Engineer
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 207814
Position Title: Software Engineer (V)
Teradata is looking to hire Software Engineers to join our team. As we continue to build momentum as a hybrid cloud analytics provider, our Cloud Database team will have a dedicated focus on our market-leading database to develop even stronger cloud capabilities.
We are looking for a self-driven cloud engineer to join the team tasked to build backend APIs enabling the best possible developer, devops and data science experience as they integrate and interact with our new cloud-based data as a service.
- Responsible for designing, implementing, and unit testing new features leveraging agile and continuous delivery methodologies.
- Perform functional and performance analysis of code defects and correction of defects.
- Contribute to all phases of the software development lifecycle by designing and implementing complex features for the product.
- Perform competitive analysis of other database management systems, other data integration solutions, and recommend Teradata cloud database changes to close competitive gaps or to enhance competitive advantages.
- Analyze requirements for complex feature development.
- San Diego or El Segundo
- At this time we would prefer candidates who aren't in need of sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar degree, or comparable work experience.
- Understanding of Virtualization and/or cloud computing.
- 10+ years of experience developing software in Ruby, Python, Java, C++ and/or Go.
- 10+ years of experience with relational database and SQL.
- 10+ years of experience with code versioning tools such as Git.
- 10+ years of experience with continuous integration, automated unit testing.
- 10+ years of experience with Web architectures and services (HTTP, REST, sockets, JSON, multi-threading, etc.).
- 10+ years of experience developing distributed web services.
- Experience with application monitoring tools (Datadog, Splunk, New Relic, etc.).
- Familiarity with AWS or other public clouds and have built apps leveraging its offerings (S3, SNS/SQS, DynamoDB, EC2, Kinesis, Cloud Formations, etc.).
- Experience with Docker.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Cloud Database Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US