Location: BEIJING, Beijing Shi CN
Requisition Number: 207799
Position Title: Technology Consulting II+
The Data Architect defines, develops, and promotes the Teradata Enterprise Data Architecture strategy that aids our clients in achieving their strategic information management goals.
A Data Architect provides subject matter expertise on Data Models and Data Architecture and works with relational databases. A Data Architect provides detailed information about a Customer’s Data Architecture including source systems, data availability, and data quality.
A Data Architect recommends improvements in data quality, data management, lineage, and governance across the Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse lifecycles. Often the duration, simplicity, and efficiency of an implementation is reliant upon good quality, accurately sourced data, and often the data is in disparate source systems with little/no overarching reviews or management.
Working as part of a highly skilled data management team, the Data Architect is responsible for developing robust pragmatic data models that meet requirements while supporting the data architectural design principles and designs of the broader IT organization. This includes the creation of enterprise conceptual, logical, and physical data models; creating data models that conform to existing standards and conventions; providing leadership and guidance with enterprise data strategies; revising data dictionary definitions, governance practices, and standards; and partnering with security architects to ensure compliance with data security and privacy mandates. Additional responsibilities include end-to end data lifecycle management activities, evaluating and recommending new and emerging data management and storage technologies and standards, and ensuring consistency between data management, enterprise storage, and all other technical system components.
Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills are essential as the role involves working closely with our clients, 3rd party vendors, management consultants, and internal data teams.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Work with business leaders to create Conceptual Data Architectures which align business needs with Target State Architecture.
- Participation in the definition of standard enterprise data management and enterprise data architecture processes and deliverables.
- Define enterprise architectures for Data Warehouse, Master Data/Reference Data, integration for data and transaction processing.
- Collaboration with the business, its applications, solutions, and with technical architects to understand the implications of respective architectures on data architecture and to maximize the value of information across the organization.
- Build the enterprise conceptual, logical, and physical data models for analytics, operational, and reporting structures in accordance to Teradata’s industry best practices. Design and normalize the logical data model to third normal form. Facilitate the discovery of entities, attributes, relationships, and business rules from the functional experts and the user community. Work with consultants to translate LDMs and Semantic Models into their physical representations.
- Data Profiling
- Work with ETL consultants to map source system data to Teradata physical models Provide support in the use of enterprise and analytical data, particularly identifying synergies and connections between data across business areas.
- Providing support to analyze data requirements and data stored in a disparate set of systems and designing a robust set of data structures.
- Drive standardization and simplification across the enterprise, lowering cost, improving quality and value of data assets.
- Develop lasting relationships with client personnel to facilitate a trusted advisor relationship.
- Maintain and publish project business rules and the associated enterprise data dictionary.
- Knowledge of Architecture Principles, Advocated Positions, Design Patterns, and Implementation Alternatives.
- Data modelling experience across relational and non-relational technologies. In depth knowledge of business processes and business information models. In depth knowledge of data modeling methodologies and techniques. In depth knowledge of the ERwin data modeling tool.
- Demonstrate an in depth understanding of designing the conceptual, logical, and physical database architectures, design patterns, best practices, and programming techniques around relational modelling, dimensional modelling, and data integration for relational and non-relational databases
- Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics.
- Previous technical background in Database Development and/or Data Warehouse Analysis / Business Intelligence roles with strong SQL skills, some programming, data design or business architecture experience
- Strong data mapping skills sufficient to take ownership of all mapping deliverables and ensure successful hand-over to the technical team.
- Strong understanding of data architecture principles and techniques
State: Beijing Shi
Community / Marketing Title: Data Architect
Job Category: Consulting
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: BEIJING, Beijing Shi CN