Pre-Sales Cloud Architect
Location: North Sydney, New South Wales AU
Requisition Number: 207790
Position Title: Ecosystem Architecture V
Position Overview – Pre-Sales Cloud Architect
Our Cloud Architects are highly respected for their knowledge, skills and empathy to meet our customers’ business challenges using data and analytics at scale and embracing the new and innovative solutions cloud enables.
As our customers rank among the largest in their industry, including leading financial institutions, manufacturers, telecommunications, retailers, airlines, major government entities and others, this respect is hard earned. We believe the best way to achieve high value outcomes for our customers is to foster a community of people who love data and the world changing possibilities that analytics and cloud can provide.
You are a technology leader, taking ownership of providing solutions and answers to our customers and the account teams you support. You provide leadership and direction to the sales account teams internally, championing the use of cloud to provide the best outcome for our customers.
You will be smart, adaptive, curious and consultative, with a great attitude and focused on helping our customers understand how analytics in the cloud provides successful solutions for their business challenges. You will be a knowledge seeker, constantly searching and collaborating with colleagues, customers and partners. As a Cloud Architect you will thrive in a team, working closely with our account teams and global product management.
You are a good communicator, with an ability to see both the widescreen and the close-up of how technology provides solutions and opportunities for our customers. And when we say communicate, we mean you’ll be talking with everyone from the DBA to senior executives; comfortable and confident that you’ll deliver the best possible solutions. You will have a good deal of responsibility and autonomy to make your own decisions, what you will learn and gain in experience is not found anywhere else.
You will be a ‘trusted advisor’ to our customers; your technology leadership, experience, not forgetting your business skills, means you can seek out and develop opportunities for Teradata solutions that meet our customer’s needs.
You will also keep up with our competitors’ capabilities, because our customer needs confidence in your understanding of their data challenges. We don’t expect you to be an expert in everything; in fact, we would prefer you to have wide and far-reaching knowledge and experience, with perhaps a specialism field or two that you are knowledgeable in. And whatever your experience, you can explain, demonstrate and deliver right across the board in our customer’s organisation.
So, if your passion is for real deliverable solutions to some of the biggest data and cloud challenges in the world matches ours, and what we’ve said appeals to your sense of adventure, come and work for us.
What you will be doing...
- You will be a part of the regional Architecture team, reporting to the regional Cloud Architecture Leader and be based in Australia (Melbourne, Sydney). The supported countries include Australia and New Zealand. The role also involves collaborating with Cloud and Analytic Architects within South East Asia, Japan, and the greater China area.
- You will be willing to travel throughout Australia and New Zealand as appropriate, although much of your work will be able to be completed virtually from a home office
- Actively work on the design, implementation and roll-out of solutions that meet our customer’s challenges. You will need to see and assess your customer’s ‘as is’ before you can provide them with their ‘to be’ solutions
- Inspire confidence in Teradata offers, software and services through your professionalism and expertise to drive sales forward
- Provide leadership to the extended Teradata account team on our cloud solutions and ensure that needs and challenges faced by our account teams are met as best as possible
- Play a key role in mentoring and development of cloud architecture practice members within the region.
- You have strong architecture consultant (or equivalent) experience in a related industry and have cloud implementation experience. Additionally, you should be familiar with cloud concepts and having a Certification at Architect level in one of the public cloud providers is a plus.
- Technology Leadership experience
- Technical Pre-Sales Experience
- Cloud Knowledge
What skills are needed for ideal candidates
- ‘Passionate’ and enthusiastic about data, analytics and Teradata – after all, we are…
- Have at least 8+ years hands-on experience in architecting / designing / delivering analytic solutions for large enterprises in either a pre-sales or delivery role
- A clear, confident and persuasive communicator, who can make a clear and understandable logical argument and successfully defend their position
- Have a keen interest and understanding of developments in the data and analytic technology world
- Have an excellent ability to multi-task and juggle priorities while ensuring you and the teams work life balance is kept in check
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and, of course, be proficient in both written and spoken English
- Demonstrate excellent organizational and people skills
- Have a degree level qualification in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, Management Information Systems or a related discipline
- Have at least one to two year’s recent hands-on experience with architecting and delivering Cloud solutions in the context of Data & Analytic Ecosystem (BI, DWH and Big Data) in the public cloud arena.
Teradata highly values diversity and equal opportunity in all aspects of our business. We are excited by the unique qualities, abilities and perspectives each person brings, and candidates are considered on all the attributes they may bring to the role and the team.
Grade and salary are commensurate with the demands of the role and based on skills and experience.
You will meet with customers and account teams remotely and in-person, and travel within the region will be required. The role allows for some flexibility of working hours in line with the immediate needs of our customers and the account team.
City: North Sydney
State: New South Wales
Community / Marketing Title: Pre-Sales Cloud Architect
Job Category: Sales
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: North Sydney, New South Wales AU