Business Consultant – AMS Healthcare
Location: Chicago, Illinois US
Requisition Number: 207764
Position Title: Business Consulting V
Healthcare Business and Informatics Consultant
Solid, comfortable and client focused subject matter expertise across multiple areas of the target market, customers within that market, competitive topography and a clear proven ability to sell value and grow that value through clear consultative and technical sales skills. Proven business and entrepreneurial skills, strong client engagement and presentation skills and demonstrable collaboration skills are critical for this high impact role.
The Consultant will first and foremost have a passion for transforming a business and a sense of urgency for building recurring revenue projects through the application of a powerful analytics technology platform. They will have experience conceptualizing, developing, and accountably delivering healthcare data/informatic solutions for both internal pre-sales purposes and customer implementation. They will be a seasoned consultative salesperson with a strong capacity to hit the ground running with a solution oriented hunter mentality, and a robust rolodex or ability to engage the market quickly.
They will have a proven track record of consultative engagement in the digital, data and analytics space with the ability to solution creative, repeatable, tip of the spear solutions to drive the pull through of large technology sales. In addition to selling and building solutions, you will help to drive Teradata’s product sales and adoption, build the team and manage client engagements. As a hunter, they will be able to leverage their personal rolodex as well as farm current accounts for new revenue.
Experience needs to be material and demonstrable business analytics and business value contextualized informatic solutions in the healthcare payer, provider, or life science industries.
The ideal candidate for this role will be a Consultant or Technology Business leader who is seasoned in selling and delivering into the payer, provider, or life sciences markets. With exceptional personal and presentation communication skills and an extensive background in technology based consulting, the right candidates will have the opportunkty to help transform a large, global technology company.
They will have extensive experience identifying, building relationships with, and successfully selling to C-level or business line leaders or equally influential economic buyers within business operating units. They will understand a client’s key business initiatives, areas of concern, technology stack and competitive environment to guide them through how Teradata solutions can be applied to address their unique needs. They will be well versed in utilizing workshops, journey mapping, and design thinking to communicate a vision to their clients of the art of the possible and helping them to build their roadmap for success. An understanding of the process and value of building repeatable customer solutions to drive revenue will be imperative to success.
They will possess strong communication and presentation skills and the gravitas to present themselves and Teradata as the premiere vendor for data consulting services to customer or prospects.
They will have previously been successful in a consulting or complex sales environment delivering enterprise solutions incorporating advanced analytics to existing and new logo accounts, transforming a business and with success building a team, or in the target market itself driving the delivery of solutions as both a business lead and hands on the keyboard developer.
They will have responsibility for opening new logos, farming current accounts, and driving revenue, profitability, customer satisfaction and relationship management within their area of responsibility. Dependent on the client this person may personally own targeted accounts and act as the consulting executive for key customers.
- Manage, coordinate and win analytics and data aligned sales successes in target market and customers leveraging the Teradata portfolio to the largest extent possible.
- Help ideate, create, and bring to market relevant healthcare informatics/analytics solutions.
- Provide pre-sales support to account teams and consulting partners for solutions, including solution tailoring and live-fire demonstration to potential current and prospective customers.
- Create trust and demonstrably accepted value as a provider to customers ensuring both personal and corporate eminence and reputation.
- Build strong relationships across the Teradata organization to ensure ability to partner for success.
- Provide input into delivery oversight ensuring a high level of delivery excellence and customer satisfaction.
- Minimum of eight years experience pitching / constructing / delivering health informatics/analytics solutions in the payer, provider and/or life sciences markets.
- Ability to be hands on with Teradata products, partner technologies, and healthcare data including but not limited to:
- Medical terminologies and code sets (ICD, CPT, SNOMED, LOINC) etc.
- Predominant industry groupers (Optum Symmetry, IBM/Truven, Johns Hopkins ACG, DRGs, etc.)
- SAS / Python / R development code and SQL
- Minimum of eight years as an internal or external consultant with broad exposure and experience in a variety of circumstances and a proven record of success.
- Proven Business Intelligence / Data Warehousing / Advanced Analytics / Data Science experience of at least 5 years.
- Hands on experience in several business disciplines such as business intelligence, or Advanced Analytics related consulting services, business operations, project management, information technology, software development, marketing, and sales with a proven ability and record of success.
- Strong communications and presentation skills both internally and with external eminence. Ability to positively present themselves, Teradata and consulting services to customer or prospects.
Demonstrable and proven success in business, consultative sales and entrepreneurial success supersedes academic experience.
Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, including sales commissions, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage. Teradata is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Value, contribution and abilities supersede location.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Community / Marketing Title: Business Consultant – AMS Healthcare
Job Category: Consulting
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Chicago, Illinois US