Product Manager, CS&S Offer Design
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 207660
Position Title: Services Offer Manager IV
Product Manager, Offer Delivery and Role Design (CS&S)
Location: Remote, US (San Diego Preferred)
The Services Operational Excellence - Offer Delivery & Operational Design team translates the service offer concepts prioritized by Service Product Management into implementable plans for delivery and operations by the Customer Support & Services (CS&S) Organization. This team will operationalize an overall portfolio of Teradata offers that drive annual recurring revenue (ARR) growth aligned with the overall corporate strategy.
The Product Manager (PM) is a multi-faceted, cross-functional role that includes Product Management, Business Process Analysis, and Project Management with the goal of creation, improvement, and operationalization of Teradata’s CS&S service offers. This includes defining the delivery methodology with the roles and responsibilities, processes and workflows, tool usage assessment, internal training, and marketing materials needed to deliver a service in a way that exceeds customer expectations and maximizes Teradata’s productivity.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Requirements gathering, definition, interpretation, and management (functional, non-functional)
- Analysis of existing processes to identify service insights, challenges, and opportunities to translate into requirements for improvement through automation and standardization.
- Follow the defined methodology for building Service Offers prioritized on the Product Management roadmap to create plans to build the required assets
- Design and deployment of formal/informal training on Service Offers for the global and regional delivery resources, Service Experience Managers and Services Account Manager/CFL team.
- In collaboration with key stakeholders, identify and support global adoption of industry best practices and standards across key roles in the CS&S organization and delivery partners.
- Define requirements for measuring the success of each Service Offer, Tool, and Process to enable a data-driven approach to improve.
- Maintain close and productive working relationships within CS&S and across Teradata including the GSO, field MS resources, and GDC sub-practice teams. He/she will ensure our SAMs and SEMs understand the delivery details enough to set proper expectations with our customer base.
- Manage multiple projects to meet aggressive deadlines with multiple stakeholders using an in-depth understanding of key technologies such as as-a-Service, Cloud, and delivery methodologies like ITIL/DevOps/CICD.
- Product/Program Management experience taking a service/product from concept to deployment through end of life
- Good Skill with communicating requirements and logic design to technical staff, ensuring deliverables meet requirements and validating results against benchmarks.
- Customer, Cloud, aaS, and/or Managed Services Delivery Practice Experience
- Experience working with a broad internal supply chain including engineering, marketing, training, and offshore delivery teams
- Experience creating customer-facing materials (marketing, training, PowerPoint decks, announcements, etc.)
- Excellent written, verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills with the ability to present and negotiate with management, colleagues, and adjacent teams using both technical and non-technical approaches.
- Exceptional ability to impact and influence business results where cross-group collaboration is required using strong facilitation and consensus-building skills.
- Works closely with internal/external stakeholders to proactively identify and remediate performance, financial, or operational issues
- Good skill in creating training and workshops around the process areas and associated technologies working closely with CS&S Training resources
- BS/Master’s in Computer Science, Information Systems or related business degree
- “Can do” attitude, a quick learner, team player, energetic personality, works well under pressure in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Practical knowledge of analytics and data warehousing
- PMI Certifications (CAPM, PMP, PgMP, PMI-PBA, etc.)
- Six Sigma / Lean Certification
- ITIL Certification, ideally ITIL 4
- Agile/Scrum Certification
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Product Manager, CS&S Offer Design
Job Category: Customer Support
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US