Senior Content Developer
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 207652
Position Title: Information Engineer (III)
Senior Content Developer
What’s the opportunity?
We are welcoming an additional content developer to our large group of skilled technical communicators and content operation experts.
As a content developer and technical writer at Teradata, you play an important role in the overall user experience by creating crisp and engaging content to help our half a million users efficiently perform their job. Implementing search engine optimization (SEO) techniques, you put the content users seek right at their fingertips. You help connect dots and shape the end-to-end content experience for our modern and streamlined products.
- Produce top-notch technical content for our users, including Data Scientists, Business Analysts, and developers, guiding them through our solutions seamlessly. Content formats include web-based user guides, programming references, use cases and examples, in-product help, and more.
- Leverage your content management expertise to ensure our content is created, published, and maintained efficiently.
- Gain empathy for your audience, learn to understand the tools and environment they are in, and work hands-on with our products.
- Advocate for the end user and collaborate closely with product management, UX, engineering, support, other content-producing organizations, and customers.
- Grow as a stellar writer and communicator, staying on top of trends and learning new technology and concepts. Adhere to our standards…and question them.
- Juggle multiple projects involving complex technologies. Respond to changing scope and schedules.
This position is on-site in Rancho Bernardo, CA.
- A Bachelor’s degree, a technical background, and at least five years of relevant experience.
- Working experience of content development for enterprise level products.
- Adept at technical writing with the ability to understand, synthesize, and transform technical concepts and procedures into content that provides users with comprehensive and relevant content.
- Exceptional organizational skills with a dogged determination to find information, then decide the best way to deliver it to the user.
- Curiosity, desire, and skills to excel within different areas of content production. You enjoy learning about new technologies, trends, and concepts as they come along.
- An understanding that standards should be both followed and challenged.
- Apt at being simultaneously self-reliant and collaborative. You can take an assignment and run with it.
- Product experience: Experience using or documenting analytics or database software
- Technical skills: Python, R, API, SQL, and Cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud
- Developing and publishing web HTML content, following SEO best practices.
- Developing documentation in an agile environment.
- Producing in-product or on-screen content, delivering the needed information at the exact time.
- Experience using structured writing, single sourcing, and content management systems. We’re a big DITA/XML shop, but our tools are just a way to meet our user’s needs.
- You’ve already edited this ad and have suggestions for improving it.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Content Developer
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US