Client Relationship Manager
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 207650
Position Title: Client Relationship Specialist (IV)
Client Relationship Manager
Teradata is looking for a highly motivated individual to manage a portfolio of existing Global Independent Software Vendor (ISV) partner relationships and to develop new ISV partner relationships. This position requires a high energy individual that can manage multiple ISV partner relationships, initially in the security software space, but that could span across many different market spaces and industries.
Applicants should have experience managing partner relationships, including identification of new business opportunities with assigned partners, growing partner presence within existing Teradata accounts, partner relationship management, and the partner sales engagement process. The applicant will be responsible for developing joint partner related content and materials, support sales calls and maintain up to date best practices on their ISV partnerships. The role will require interpersonal skills, technical skills, and an understanding of Teradata strategies and business models.
- Directly manage day to day relationship with assigned ISV partners
- Promote the partnership value within all relevant areas of Teradata as well as with customers and prospects (when appropriate)
- Evangelize the partnerships including joint value proposition with joint sales teams to ensure awareness and collaboration, minimizing sales conflict
- Develop presentations and materials to support joint sales motions with the ISV partners
- Identify new business opportunities with partners, develop plans for how Teradata can leverage these and gain agreement with requisite stakeholders on execution
- A bachelor’s degree (graduate degree a plus) as well as 3 years experience in managing relationships with one or more of the following skills:
- An understanding of and practical experience in alliance management specifically within high-tech at both a strategic, tactical and operational level.
- Strategy, business planning formulation and execution experience, with measurable results.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly gain trust and credibility.
- Strong Interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to deliver effective diplomatic communications as well as handle sensitive information and materials in a confidential manner.
- Technical background in databases, enterprise software, and current knowledge of Teradata solutions is recommended (understand of security software is a bonus)
- Passion to win, entrepreneurial, high energy, responsive, and results-driven self-starter.
- Ability to deal well with change and be a team player, builder, and leader.
- Excellent presentation skills and confidence.
- Be proficient in the use of both written and spoken business English;
The successful candidate will report directly to a Senior Manager or Director in the Global Partnerships Organization. Grade and salary will be commensurate with the demands of the role and based on experience. The successful candidate will work from a Teradata facility or virtual and will be expected to travel on business (10-25% travel)
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Client Relationship Manager
Job Category: Sales
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US