Senior DevOps Engineer
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 207625
Position Title: DevOps Engineer (IV)
Teradata global DevOps team is looking for a Senior/Staff DevOps Engineer to be part of our exciting journey to drive DevOps culture and create cutting edge CI/CD solution to enable fully automated cloud based build and deployment pipeline with IaC capabilities, which will be used across the company.
As a SME within our awesome and growing DevOps team, you would lead efforts in architecting and help implementing and optimizing end-to-end CI/CD capabilities for our expanding multi-cloud operations. The team is looking to add a member who is expert in CI/CD, has exceptional communication skills, strong cloud skills, and is a thought leader in addressing the needs of cloud-first DevOps organizations.
Core Role Responsibilities:
- Provide DevOps Tools and CI/CD expertise to software development teams across
- Help build reusable standard CI/CD pipeline model with built in quality gates, security and cutting edge tools and automation
- Drive process automation focused on eliminating manual steps in application build and deployment, integrating compliance and quality gates in the process..
- Lead discussion and provide guidance to technical teams regarding operational, technical, and procedural best practices
- Be evangelist of fully automated product build and released process driving “push the button” to deploy attitude and vision.
- Work with program teams to understand their products development requirements, guide in embracing devOps principles, prescribed toolchain and pipeline framework
- Be highly familiar with cloud services, having supported large scale production deployments on one or more of these platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud – GCP)
- Build, release and configuration management of production systems.
- System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains.
- Remain abreast of technology advancements for future cloud, software, and other relative implementations and capabilities
- Provide technical guidance in architecture and DevOps process improvements.
- Evaluate new technology options and vendor products.
- Ensuring critical system security through the use of best in class cloud security solutions.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Outstanding experience with build and relase process and associated tools - building CI and deployment pipelines and hands on knowedge of applicable tools chain such as CludBee Jenkins, Azure DevOps or similar build orchestration tools, Artificatory, GitHub, GitLab, SonarCube, Coverity or similar.
- Strong experience with infrastructure as code tools (such as Terraform, Ansible, Chef.)
- Strong experience in automation and one of scripting language such as Pyton, Rubi or similar
- Experience with build management tools such as Maven, ANT or Gradle
- Solid knowedge of cloud architecture and experience with using a broad range of cloud technologies (such as AWS/Azure/GCP and their services EC2, RDS, ELB, EBD, S3,IAM, CloudWatch, CloudTrails) to develop and maintain an Amazon AWS based cloud solution, with an emphasis on best practice cloud security
- Understanding of network configurations (such as SSL and PIP)
- Experience in implementing Devops best practices with the ability to define operational processes.
- Very familiar with organizing work using Agile principles (story backlog, scrum, kanban)
- Experience with agile backlog management tools such as Atlassian Jira or similar
- Ability to solve problems by considering available information, prioritizing and making timely decisions
- Operating Systems: Linux , Windows.
- Familiar with cloud monitoring such as DataDog CloudWatch
- Problem Solving: Ability to analyze and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues.
- Excellent understanding of build and release process – CI/CD pipeline and associated tools
- Support process improvements, drive efficiency across teams, eliminating redundancy by leveraging software tools and process automation; Provide improvement evidence with measurable data and metrics
- Strong verbal and written communications skills required.
Desired Skills (Not essential but beneficial to have):
- OO Programming Skills: (Java or C++).
- DB Skills: Basic DB administration experience (Oracle, Teradata, SQL Server).
- Version Control: Experience with version control systems such as GitHub, GitLab and code branching principles.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- 10+ years designing, implementing CI/CD solutions and DevOps related practices
- 5+ years of cloud computing experience
Other Candidate Requirements:
- Professional commitment to high quality, and a passion for learning.
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn new concepts and technologies.
- Strong problem-solving skills, including providing simple solutions to complex situations.
- Must be a strong team player with the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively in a geographically disperse working environment.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior DevOps Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US