Project Coordinator - Scheduling
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 207533
Position Title: Engagement / Delivery III
Consulting Project Coordinator - Scheduling
The Consulting Project Coordinator assists project teams, resource management leadership, and various accounting functions to accurately set up and staff Teradata consulting projects in the professional services automation system of record. The Coordinator must comply with Teradata governance policies while balancing the needs of various stakeholder groups. The ideal candidate understands that internal customers deserve the same customer service experience Teradata provides to its own clients, while ensuring that our systems hygiene allows us to make good decisions, bill our clients accurately, and respond to changing market needs with poise and self-confidence.
This is a entry level role and will report up within the Delivery Excellence organization. The role is expected to independently manage and prioritize a work queue, provide metrics and reports on status, spearhead troubleshooting and escalations related to unusual situations, and promptly and professionally handle inquiries from internal stakeholders. This position does not supervise others.
General Job Expectations
- Ensure timely and accurate setup of new projects and opportunities within the system of record.
- Comply with corporate policies and procedures related to project setup and staffing.
- Interact with project teams to efficiently track project financials and staffing.
- Interact with Engagement Managers, key Project Managers, Practices leadership, and staffing pool managers to accurately and appropriately generate and fill resource requests in the system.
- Use reports to double-check data hygiene, and proactively work to resolve issues.
- Provide feedback to management about use of the system, potential best practices, governance concerns, etc.
- Become familiar with Teradata consultant capabilities and core expertise
- Perform role with goal of maximizing utilization of consultants, and minimizing any bench time
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent team player. Must be self-motivated, results driven, and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Intellectually curious. Outstanding interpersonal, communication, and customer relationship skills.
- Able to work effectively with internal customers, from our consultant team and leadership, Engagement Managers, and various organizations within Teradata.
- Can-do, positive attitude. Finds a way to be successful.
- Achieves defined project goals within declared deadlines; proactively communicates status and escalates issues as needed.
- Willing to learn. Develops expertise in areas outside of core comfort zone.
- Strong process orientation and attention to detail.
- Track record of Success.
Core Experience Requirements
- Prior experience in a business environment required
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- MUST HAVE strong Excel skills and able to create / use Pivot tables, Macros, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills; strong detail orientation
- Ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Strongly Preferred experience with sales automation, corporate accounting or professional services automation systems (especially the SalesForce platform)
Able to follow, create and modify user and process documentation
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Project Coordinator - Scheduling
Job Category: Consulting
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US