Director, Cloud Architect
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 207485
Teradata (NYSE: TDC), the cloud analytics company delivering Pervasive Data Intelligence, transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data. We leverage 100% of the relevant data, all of the time, so businesses can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter. This is called pervasive data intelligence, powered by the cloud. And it’s the answer to the complexity, cost and inadequacy of today’s approach to analytics. This position is part of the Vantage Cloud and Applications Team. This team provides customers with Vantage as a Service increasing choice and flexibility in public cloud.
We are looking for an experienced Director, Cloud Architect who has a strong desire to drive the architectural vision and build innovative cloud services in a startup like environment. This is your opportunity to lead a team that’s working to influence the future of cloud-based analytics solutions and services.
- Lead a team of cloud architects to develop a cloud agnostic platform strategy.
- Build cloud services that can be used across multiple products to drive consistency in experience.
- Develop an abstraction layer from the various cloud providers to ensure that a multi-cloud architecture can be accomplished.
- Ensure that security is a first-class citizen and that appropriate firewalls, policies, controls and infrastructure are in place to ensure that products meet standards for cloud data protection and regulatory compliance.
- Participate in compliance audits and generate documentation as necessary (SOC, ISO, PCI).
- Partnering with business and operations stakeholders to translate program requirements into technical solutions and system design.
- Driving research, case studies and prototypes on cloud native technologies and how they can be leveraged.
- Designing proof-of-concept pilots and working closely with technical leads to drive successful POC implementation providing hands-on development where appropriate.
- Interact with customers and partners to understand their problem space and articulate the functionalities/features of the cloud services.
- Set goals and provide technical guidance and to Engineering Managers, product leaders and senior engineers.
- Able to work across various groups and come with win-win strategies to deliver results.
- Communicate effectively with other engineering teams, QA, PMs and senior leadership team.
- Evaluate new technologies, open source libraries, cloud native services, etc. to and define strategic investments and partnerships.
- Deep passion for quality and customer focus.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 15 years of related experience with a university degree; or 12 years and an advanced degree; or a PhD with 8 years’ experience; or equivalent experience.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work well with others in a fast-paced agile environment with an emphasis on collaborating and assisting the team to meet business objectives.
- Related experience is defined as expertise with Platforms like AWS, Azure and GCP.
- Subject matter expert with building and managing a service in the public cloud like AWS, Azure and/or GCP and designed cloud service & distributed system applications.
- Experience in multiple roles such as distributed systems, front end, database systems and full stack.
- Expert in automation & building/rest APIs such as Python, Node.JS, Typescript and GoLang.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Devops including CI/CD, Monitoring, Provisioning and Deployment, On-Call. This includes Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, CFT, ARM Templates and Terraform.
- Proven capability with quality frameworks and enablement of automation of quality testing such as Selinium, Jasmine, SonarCube, Qtest, TDD and Robot Fx.
- Expert with threat models, security compliance such as Blackduck, Coverity, Nessus, Centrify, NxLog and AlertLogic.
- Expert working in Agile/SAFe project management methodologies and environments.
- Proficiency with serverless computing such as Lambda, Azure functions and computing engines.
- Expert with Networks like VPN, VPC, privatelink and protocols.
- Foundational understanding of quality automation and automating test cases.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Excellent cross boundary collaboration skills.
Location: San Diego, CA or Raleigh, NC
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Cloud Architect
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US