Product Pricing and Packaging Lead
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 207472
Position Title: Director, Product Management
Product Pricing and Packaging Lead
The Product Pricing and Packaging Leader Provides leadership to Teradata’s Product Operations & Engagement Organization. This role serves as a direct report to the Head of Product Operations & Engagement and acts as the liaison and coordination for pricing and packaging for the Product organization with our product managers and our go to market sales team. This position provides leadership and ownership of the P&L rack rates pricing strategy. It establishes and provides the packaging of our products and services for our sales and marketing teams. It develops and validates pricing models and maintains monitoring of pricing effectiveness. This role is responsible for applying governance across Product organization’s pricing and packaging to assure application of consistent standards for our products and services.
Success depends on building rapport and credibility with multiple stakeholders across the organization at every level. The candidate must be highly collaborative with our sales and marketing teams and have a background/experience in product pricing and packaging.
This role is responsible for driving best practices and analyses for product pricing and packaging. This person will be required to assure coordination within the organization as well as across our marketing and sales organization. The ability to balance and influence multiple competing priorities is required.
In addition, the candidate is required to engage with product managers, sales, and marketing teams to garner insights and learnings for incorporation into our pricing strategy and for developing our pricing models.
Product Pricing and Packaging Organization’s Roles and Responsibilities
The Pricing and Packaging function is connected to our Deal Desk and other pricing groups to support Teradata in achieving its revenue goals. This team is responsible for:
- Pricing Strategy for the P & L rack rates
- Establishing our Product Packaging
- Price Point
- Pricing Modeling & Validation
- Applying Governance for pricing changes
- Monitor Pricing Effectiveness
- Leads the team for Product Pricing and Packaging as outlined above.
- Collaborates across product management, engineering, marketing and our field sales team to assure coordination of our pricing and packaging activities.
- Validates our pricing models.
- Collaborates with product managers for needed pricing inputs and requirements.
- Establish a strong collaborative culture with peers and other functions within Teradata.
- Promotes a culture of success, pride, performance, discipline, and creativity
- Leads and instills a sense of urgency for product and process improvement to meet and exceed customer requirements.
- Partners with GTM Operations teams for supporting our pricing activities
- Stays abreast of changes in our products and services to ascertain impacts on pricing.
- Leverages pricing standards and applies governance as appropriate
Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent leadership skills, especially the ability to lead through influence across functional and organizational lines.
- Has demonstrated product pricing and packaging skills in software and services with a track-record for delivering.
- Experience driving pricing and packaging best practices into a corporate environment.
- Has demonstrated ability in recruiting and retaining high performing teams Demonstrated success as a team player who is comfortable with open ended problems and ambiguity.
- Demonstrated ability to improve product processes across large teams
- Has excellent communication skills and the ability to present both business and technical information to a wide audience including customers, peers, and team.
- Will solicit the involvement of others to build a sense of ownership.
- Must have the confidence to act quickly and decisively when the market requires such agility, and the ability to challenge norms and existing processes.
- Strong organizational, administrative, presentation and analytical skills
- Polished presence with demonstrated ability to influence needed decisions.
- Proven experience of close partnership with Product, Engineering, Marketing and Go to Market teams
- Demonstrated ability to liaise with peers within the organization and across the company
- BS in Business or equivalent in industry experience
- 8+ years of managing products and/or pricing teams
3+ years of staff management and or product management leadership experience
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Product Pricing and Packaging Lead
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US