Location: Raleigh, North Carolina US
Requisition Number: 207470
Position Title: Technology Consulting II
Location: Raleigh, NC
We are looking for a Developer who is a Teradata trained Consultant with a proven track record of Teradata Development and use of the Teradata Database, SQL and Teradata Utilities. This Teradata Developer will be responsible for the advanced use of SQL, Multiload, Fastload, BTEQ, created & modified databases, capacity planning, and management, allocated space, and granted rights for all objects within targeted databases. This person should also have experience in basic Teradata Database Administration as well as proven skills in UNIX commands such as, LS, GREP, WC, SCD, TEE and move and delete functions.
This person will work with Teradata approved utilities and tools to create an application framework for high-performance Teradata based applications. You should also understand SQL job performance and understand overall Teradata system performance and administration. Strong communication skills are necessary to determine requirements, coordinate, present completed work, and advise the customer on Teradata development best practices. You will also perform primary administration tasks, primary/secondary index selection, and provide recommendations on code optimization.
- US Citizenship or Green Card Holder
- 5+ years of experience in computer technology or related fields within the last 8 years
- Hands-on Teradata experience working as a production infrastructure, application or development DBA
- BS/BA degree in Business Technology, Computer Science, or Management Information Systems, Business Administration, Math, Statistics, or Engineering
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office components and personal computers (for generating the many reports required by the customer).
- Teradata Masters Certification
- Excellent problem-solving skills with demonstrated experience managing and resolving work requests and change requests
Demonstrated knowledge of Teradata tools and utilities, specifically:
- Database Administration
- Teradata Administrator
- Teradata Database Query Log
- Teradata Index Wizard
- Teradata Locking Logger
- Teradata Manager
- Teradata Performance Monitor (PMON)
- Teradata Priority Scheduler Facility (PSF)
- Teradata SQL Assistant
- Teradata Statistics Wizard
- Teradata Visual Explain
- Teradata Database System Control (DBS Control)
- Teradata Dynamic Query Manager (TDQM)
- Teradata Query Director
- System Performance tuning and capacity planning experience, including production and interpretation of PMCP Reports in order to determine the causes of poor performing code
- Expert knowledge of SQL Tuning and Teradata Database optimization techniques
- Experience with translating logical models to optimal physical models
- Experience advising developers and development teams from design through the build phase
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Teradata Developer/Administrator
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Raleigh, North Carolina US