Technical SEO Specialist
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 207461
Position Title: Website Analyst (II)
Teradata is looking for a skilled Technical SEO professional. Reporting to the Head of Global SEO and Search Manager, the Technical SEO will play a key role growing relevant SEO traffic and related results through strategic SEO projects and implementations. This role is both hands-on and tactical, as individual contributor he/she will have the opportunity to demonstrate strategic thinking when planning new opportunities. You will be proficient in data-driven SEO strategies and possess a deep knowledge of all the functional areas of SEO. The most important skills for this role are technical SEO, CMS platforms, content, UX design, links, analytics, and reporting. There will be a fair share of content work and the Technical SEO must be able to understand company / product differentiation points and be able to distill what is important on each page into appropriate character limits. A typical day will include completing technical SEO work, reporting on trends using BrightEdge tool.
- Daily platform work in our CMS, Kentico, and in our Enterprise SEO platform, BrightEdge.
- Regular review of traffic and conversion data to gain insight into keyword and landing page performance.
- Perform on and off page technical SEO audits and analysis.
- Perform keyword research and grow our targeted unbranded keyword portfolio.
- Optimize pages with SEO-friendly content including meta tags, alt tags, and header tags
- Engage and optimize in areas like site architecture, content, link management, and indexing.
- Analyze our website ecosystem and identify opportunities to optimize site structure and content for improved discoverability including our International domains
- Conduct competitor analysis to identify gaps in our content coverage and areas of opportunity.
- Reporting on a weekly and monthly basis
- Support the senior manager and wider team members on various marketing projects, including other elements of Digital Acquisition
- Cross functional collaboration with key stakeholders
- Conceive and execute link building and outreach efforts including cross-linking strategies throughout our ecosystem
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of SEO in line with industry trends, creatively keeping us a step ahead of our competitors
- Day to day project management and execution of organic projects
Skills & Attributes
- Passionate about SEO and proactive in staying up to date on all the latest trends and best practices
- Immediate understanding and knowledge of how to apply SEO
- Experienced with at least a few SEO tools that include SEMRush, Ahrefs, BrightEdge, Moz, Screaming Frog, Majestic and Stat
- Skilled in Google Search Console (GSC), knowing how to pull data and actionable insight from the console reports
- Strong analytical abilities and deep experience with web analytic tools like PowerBI/Tableau
- Global, multi-lingual SEO strategy experience
- Hands-on understanding of online marketing including web, blogging, online advertising and search
- Strong writing, editing and research skills
- A self-starter who learns quickly and is comfortable with rapidly evolving expectations
- Organizational skills and the ability to manage many projects at a time
- MS Office Suite skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- An inquiring mind with a strong desire to learn
- Must be SEO-SME, digitally savvy and optimize with performance in mind.
- Can juggle multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to participate in phone conferences at potentially inconvenient times in order to accommodate our international audiences
- Must be self-motivated and able to work on projects independently as well as with a team
- Excellent communications skills
- 2-3 years of direct SEO experience, a must
- Experience using enterprise content management systems, multi-language translation & cultural distinction and analytic platforms (i.e. Power BI, Google Analytics)
- Experience in an international environment; must have sensitivities to local culture, language variations), ability to work well with—and garner support from—many different people from many different backgrounds and cultures
- Project management tools experience (Jira, Basecamp)
- Ability to manage multiple project stakeholders in a customer service-oriented environment
- Must be flexible and able to think outside the box
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Technical SEO Specialist
Job Category: Marketing
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US