Cloud Operations Manager, Data Protection
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 207442
Teradata is growing our Cloud Operations team and we’re looking for individuals that exemplify our principle of Customer Obsession through operational excellence, leadership, and a passion to continually be the voice of the customer. This is a unique opportunity to join our team in a period of fast growth and expansion. If you are interested in working in a dynamic and fast paced environment where you can directly influence the future of cloud-based analytics solutions and services, then this is the place for you. You will actively develop and implement state of the art technical solutions, including capabilities to support elastic scalability, on-demand self-service, disaster recovery, and usage-based consumption, to enable customers to solve their most complex data analytics challenges.
Teradata Cloud Operations seeks a hands-on leader in our Global Cloud Operations team focused on continually improving and optimizing our Cloud Data Protection and operational processes.
• Manage the Data Protection solutions (Data Stream Architecture, Backup as-a-Service, DR as-a-Service) across all platforms
• Lead a 24x7 team of Cloud Operation Data Protection Specialists
• Build and maintain relationships with other Cloud Operations Managers to maintain consistent policies, processes, and metrics across cloud platforms
• Enforce version control across the customer base and in accordance with program management and change control teams, proactively supporting release management deliverables
• Collaborate with leadership to develop roadmaps and resource plans
• Collaborate with Product and Support teams to plan and deploy product releases
• Provide technical and process subject matter expertise for Sales and Field teams for questions relating to the Cloud Service Offering
• Define and deliver KPI’s and reports that provide transparency and affect positive change for operational areas
• Work with Support organizations during incidents and post-mortem reviews
• Drive continual improvement through strategic and thoughtful solutions with an automation first attitude
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years’ experience as an established technology leader
• Deep understanding of Data Protection, Cloud Availability, Backup & Restore solutions
• Experience with at least one Public Cloud Provider (AWS, Azure, GCP)
• Experience working with EMC Data Domain
• Extensive knowledge of database backup and restore on NetBackup
• Experience working with enterprise storage technology. (File, Block, Object)
• Experience working with automation tools
• Operates effectively in a fast-paced, positive, high energy environment
• Strong practical experience with ITIL processes and principles
• Experience with database / data warehousing and high-performance computing environments. Experience with Teradata platforms is a plus.
• Thrives in environments requiring both individual contribution and teamwork
• Strong management skills, but also possesses the ability to contribute to in-depth technical discussions
• Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Cloud Operations Manager, Data Protection
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US