Cloud Operations Manager, Data Protection
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 207442
Position Title: Manager, Cloud Engineering
Teradata is growing our Cloud Operations team and we’re looking for individuals that exemplify our principle of Customer Obsession through operational excellence, leadership, and a passion to continually be the voice of the customer. This is a unique opportunity to join our team in a period of fast growth and expansion. If you are interested in working in a dynamic and fast paced environment where you can directly influence the future of cloud-based analytics solutions and services, then this is the place for you. You will actively develop and implement state of the art technical solutions, including capabilities to support elastic scalability, on-demand self-service, disaster recovery, and usage-based consumption, to enable customers to solve their most complex data analytics challenges.
Teradata Cloud Operations seeks a hands-on leader in our Global Cloud Operations team focused on continually improving and optimizing our Cloud Data Protection and operational processes.
• Manage the Data Protection solutions (Data Stream Architecture, Backup as-a-Service, DR as-a-Service) across all platforms
• Lead a 24x7 team of Cloud Operation Data Protection Specialists
• Build and maintain relationships with other Cloud Operations Managers to maintain consistent policies, processes, and metrics across cloud platforms
• Enforce version control across the customer base and in accordance with program management and change control teams, proactively supporting release management deliverables
• Collaborate with leadership to develop roadmaps and resource plans
• Collaborate with Product and Support teams to plan and deploy product releases
• Provide technical and process subject matter expertise for Sales and Field teams for questions relating to the Cloud Service Offering
• Define and deliver KPI’s and reports that provide transparency and affect positive change for operational areas
• Work with Support organizations during incidents and post-mortem reviews
• Drive continual improvement through strategic and thoughtful solutions with an automation first attitude
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years’ experience as an established technology leader
• Deep understanding of Data Protection, Cloud Availability, Backup & Restore solutions
• Experience with at least one Public Cloud Provider (AWS, Azure, GCP)
• Experience working with EMC Data Domain
• Extensive knowledge of database backup and restore on NetBackup
• Experience working with enterprise storage technology. (File, Block, Object)
• Experience working with automation tools
• Operates effectively in a fast-paced, positive, high energy environment
• Strong practical experience with ITIL processes and principles
• Experience with database / data warehousing and high-performance computing environments. Experience with Teradata platforms is a plus.
• Thrives in environments requiring both individual contribution and teamwork
• Strong management skills, but also possesses the ability to contribute to in-depth technical discussions
• Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Cloud Operations Manager, Data Protection
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US