Software Performance Architect - VMware
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 207439
Software Performance Architect VMware Team
Location: San Diego, CA
Teradata is a community of people who believe in the power of data to change the world, and ready to challenge the complexity and inadequacy of conventional approaches in pursuit of better answers to the world's toughest challenges. We are a global data and analytics leader providing data platform solutions for the most prolific and interesting enterprises in every industry.
This is your chance to be a part of the Teradata Vantage on VMware Engineering team acting as a key influence and enabler into our Teradata on VMware product strategies and offerings. The Teradata Vantage on VMware Engineering team focuses on private cloud Teradata VMware implementations.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated software architect with deep technical strength into the VMware and Cloud offerings with implementation and performance tuning experience. An additional expectation is that the candidate possesses excellent programming skills in technologies such as Python and JSON. Experience with Teradata Vantage / Database and other Teradata technologies would be a great plus. Strong communication skills are a must.
- VMware experience with ability to setup and configure infrastructure environments including performance tuning and problem isolation
- Ability to characterize, single and multi-node clusters, to understand CPU, I/O, memory, networking behavior and performance when applied to Teradata Vantage
- Understanding of DevOps, software engineering best practices to influence test design and implementation approaches
- Develop deep understanding of Teradata products integration with the Vantage on VMware environments, allowing for certification, feature research, troubleshooting and analysis of software and hardware anomalies driving to resolution
- BA/BS or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- 10+ years’ experience in a professional software/cloud engineering / architect position
- VMware / Cloud working knowledge / professional certifications (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Experience working with hypervisors in a virtual platform environment
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with one or more programming and scripting languages including Python, Power CLI, JSON, C/C++.
- Basic knowledge and experience with database and SQL; Teradata experience desired
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) automation infrastructure (GitHub, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.).
- Detail-oriented and customer-focused Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Need to be a team player
- US Citizen or Permanent United States Resident preferred
This position is based in Teradata's research and development main campus in San Diego, CA. Teradata's employees enjoy beautiful facilities including a cafeteria, cafe, and gym on site. If you are interested in working in a fast-paced, innovative environment where you can directly influence the future of cloud-based analytics solutions and services, then Teradata is the place for you.
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage. Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Software Performance Architect - VMware
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US