Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 207428
Position Title: Security Architect (IV)
Teradata is a community of people who believe in the power of data to change the world, and ready to challenge the complexity and inadequacy of conventional approaches in pursuit of better answers to the world's toughest challenges. We are a global data and analytics leader providing data platform solutions for the most prolific and interesting enterprises in every industry. Teradata, the world's leading data analytics company is looking for Security Architect, which will be part of a dedicated team of security architect’s security with the responsibility to protect Teradata’s environments.
- Tailor and customize experiences to engage at the appropriate level for the training audience
- Accurately and completely source all data used in intelligence, assessment and/or planning products security features.
- Communicate complex information, concepts, and ideas in a confident, professional and well-organized manner through verbal, written, and/or visual methods
- Provide experiences in any of our immersive Cyber Range environments or deliver experiences
- Perform technical security assessments on cloud platforms - such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), and Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Perform technical security configuration reviews for common cloud-based SaaS platforms, including Microsoft Office 365 (O365).
- Guide in the creation of optimized cloud solutions that deliver enterprise-grade security, compliance, and responsiveness to the latest cloud-based threats and attacks.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of cloud computing concepts and how security controls are applied to those cloud-based technologies. Example cloud security concepts include, but are not limited to:
- Architecture & Networking
- Identity & Access Management
- Securing the CI/CD Pipeline
- Secrets and Data Protection
- Logging, Detection, and Response
- Security Controls for Containers (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Functional familiarity with industry cyber security frameworks: NIST, ISO 27001/27002, CIS CSC, PCI DSS, etc.
- Ability to perform vulnerability assessments, identify and analyze both vulnerabilities and remediation paths in security systems
- Ability to succeed in a cross-functional, collaborative environment, seeking continuous consultation with other analysts and experts—both internal and external to the organization—to leverage analytical and technical expertise.
- Ability to express basic to advanced concepts and issues related to cyber and its organizational impact.
- Ability to perform technical demonstrations in high pressure situations
- Knowledge of specific operational and potential business continuity impacts of cybersecurity incidents.
- Considerable knowledge of cyber threats, exploits and vulnerabilities
- 7+ years of understanding the technologies, concepts and issues related to cyber security and its organizational impact.
- Computer Science degree, or advanced degree in Cyber Security
- Experience with cyber incidents, exercises or wargames
- Preferred industry certifications include CISSP, CCSP, CCSK or similar certifications
- Experience and confidence with technical engagements and story telling
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Security Architect
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US