Performance Test Architect
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 207410
Performance Test Architect
Primary Location: San Diego, CA
Secondary Location: Austin, TX or San Fran, CA
Teradata is seeking a highly skilled performance test architect with a strong background in Teradata Advanced SQL Engine and a proven track record in delivering complex and comprehensive performance analysis deliverables associated with the complete software development life cycle for Teradata products, systems and solutions. The candidate filling this position is expected to bring thought and technical leadership to the role, should be detail oriented and has great communication skills. This position requires significant interaction with data scientists, product management, product architects, engineering management and support organizations.
The successful candidate is required to apply expert knowledge in Advances SQL Engine, as well as test methodologies to develop highly complex system level benchmarks which stress the performance of various facets of the Teradata system and warehouse product suite. The candidate will continually seek innovative solutions for coverage, effectiveness and efficiency improvements. The Performance Test team is chartered with providing performance characterization and certification of the warehouse foundation, including platforms, Teradata Database and Teradata Tools and Utilities. The candidate is also required to examine ever increasing customer applications of the Advanced SQL Engine and develop benchmarks to be added to the group’s performance test asset base.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide technical leadership and direction to performance assessment efforts.
- Ensure experiments/comparisons in concurrent performance projects are consistent and in-line with higher level product objectives.
- Augment performance test assets to address customer/field escapes for performance issues
- Help develop performance test plans to perform in-depth performance assessments for key platform/DBS features.
- Work with performance engineers to develop backlog items & prioritize delivery for continuous improvement of TPG performance benchmarks.
- Provide performance consultation as required for other teams including Platform Performance, Cloud Platform, Cloud enablement, OS Engineering, Customer Benchmarking.
- Interface and interact with cross-functional teams including data scientists, product management, test engineers, hardware and software engineers and engineering management.
Skills & Attributes:
- Extensive Teradata Database knowledge.
- Excellent understanding of Workload Management.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of Resusage and DBQL performance data.
- Exposure to IFX platforms.
- Experience with public cloud.
- Aware of Teradata customer use-cases/workloads.
- Knowledge and understanding of DBSControl and CTL, particularly parameters related to managing performance.
- Ability to build strong relationships with architects and senior management.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills with strong ability to communicate complex technical information effectively.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Bachelor’s degree with 10 years of related work experience in computer science or related discipline or
- S. Master’s degree with 8 years of related work experience in computer science or related discipline or
- PhD with 2 years.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Performance Test Architect
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US