Performance Test Architect
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 207410
Position Title: Software Architect (VI)
Performance Test Architect
Primary Location: San Diego, CA
Secondary Location: Austin, TX or San Fran, CA
Teradata is seeking a highly skilled performance test architect with a strong background in Teradata Advanced SQL Engine and a proven track record in delivering complex and comprehensive performance analysis deliverables associated with the complete software development life cycle for Teradata products, systems and solutions. The candidate filling this position is expected to bring thought and technical leadership to the role, should be detail oriented and has great communication skills. This position requires significant interaction with data scientists, product management, product architects, engineering management and support organizations.
The successful candidate is required to apply expert knowledge in Advances SQL Engine, as well as test methodologies to develop highly complex system level benchmarks which stress the performance of various facets of the Teradata system and warehouse product suite. The candidate will continually seek innovative solutions for coverage, effectiveness and efficiency improvements. The Performance Test team is chartered with providing performance characterization and certification of the warehouse foundation, including platforms, Teradata Database and Teradata Tools and Utilities. The candidate is also required to examine ever increasing customer applications of the Advanced SQL Engine and develop benchmarks to be added to the group’s performance test asset base.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide technical leadership and direction to performance assessment efforts.
- Ensure experiments/comparisons in concurrent performance projects are consistent and in-line with higher level product objectives.
- Augment performance test assets to address customer/field escapes for performance issues
- Help develop performance test plans to perform in-depth performance assessments for key platform/DBS features.
- Work with performance engineers to develop backlog items & prioritize delivery for continuous improvement of TPG performance benchmarks.
- Provide performance consultation as required for other teams including Platform Performance, Cloud Platform, Cloud enablement, OS Engineering, Customer Benchmarking.
- Interface and interact with cross-functional teams including data scientists, product management, test engineers, hardware and software engineers and engineering management.
Skills & Attributes:
- Extensive Teradata Database knowledge.
- Excellent understanding of Workload Management.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of Resusage and DBQL performance data.
- Exposure to IFX platforms.
- Experience with public cloud.
- Aware of Teradata customer use-cases/workloads.
- Knowledge and understanding of DBSControl and CTL, particularly parameters related to managing performance.
- Ability to build strong relationships with architects and senior management.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills with strong ability to communicate complex technical information effectively.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Bachelor’s degree with 10 years of related work experience in computer science or related discipline or
- S. Master’s degree with 8 years of related work experience in computer science or related discipline or
- PhD with 2 years.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Performance Test Architect
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US