Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 207395
Position Title: Market Research Analyst (IV)
Title: Business Analyst
Location: San Diego, CA
Essential Job Duties/Key Responsibilities: Business Analyst
- Play a significant role in a cross-functional team that performs market research, identifies market opportunities, validates market sizing, assesses technology and competition, analyzes and prioritizes the highest impactful use cases based on the criteria of value to customers, scalability, repeatability and time to value, propose winning strategy and develop lean canvas business plans including GTM strategies.
- Maintain and continuously refine the solution value framework
- Perform industry market study and develop tailored industry message
- Assure the curation, manipulation, and synthesizing of data in order to draw conclusions and make recommendations resulting in actionable insights; collate information and present findings to direct leader and stakeholders
- Establish strong, collaborative working relationships with partners, functional teams and key stakeholders
- Collaborates with our internal teams to gather their insights on the market, pricing, advertising, etc. to incorporate into recommendations
- Lead quantitative analysis that drives business understanding and informs our go-to-market approach.
- Define, develop and present executive level insights and reports to senior leadership to support business decision making.
- Partner with business owners (Product/Marketing) to diagnose business problems
- Closely monitor business performance to identify risks, new opportunities and industry trends
- Partner with product managers to evaluate historical product performance and forecast future trends
- Finally, and most importantly, analyze data to provide information to the product organization and executive management, in order to drive the product line forward. In other words, identify the “story” within the data.
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS, SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Good at performing market analysis and quantitative analysis
- Knowledge of P&L, experience of developing financial model like ROI and NPV
- Big data experience in analytics and / or data warehousing
- Ability to work collaboratively with key internal and external leaders, partners, and customers
- Strong drive, proactive mindset and solution-oriented attitude
- Ability to lead analytical projects, structure complex problems, and problem solve using data.
- Strong tolerance for ambiguity and an entrepreneurial attitude.
- Willing to execute when needed to get the job done.
- Develop deep understandings specific product and business issues
- Format data analysis into charts and draft reports
- Understand how to connect different data sources to build a more complete strategic picture
- Ability to lead a variety of projects simultaneously with close attention to detail
- Attention to detail with the ability to self-review work
- Resourceful with a high level of initiative
- Curious, creative, opinionated thinker with a talent for detecting patterns and elevating through strategy.
- Charismatic storyteller ready to lead growth conversations with senior leadership.
- Expert in building relationships and collaborating in matrixed environments
Desired Skills and Experience Requirements:
- S. Degree in Business, Statistics, Marketing, Mathematics or Economics or other relevant field - Masters degree is a plus
- 2+ years of product management/solution management, strategy or operations consulting experience with exposure to enterprise analytics, big data and data warehousing
- Passion, self-motivated, results-oriented
- Excellent in verbal and written communication
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and across functions as a leader
- Strong business acumen with broad understanding of big data, analytics and data warehousing
- Attested ability to frame problems and structure analysis, and deliver coherent conclusions and insights
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Prior experience in a sales operation, marketing, product analytics role or in a business performance reporting.
- Strong analytical skills and comfortable extracting insights from large data sets
- Must have collaborative attitude and innovative mindset
- Familiarity with Cloud based services and a passion for Technology is a plus.
- Experience working with datasets/data warehouses and experience pulling from those data sets using relevant programs and coding.
- Exposure to process industries markets via prior roles (pricing, supply chain, etc.)
- Experience with project management and project-based tasks
- Laser focused on impact, balancing effort to value, and getting things done.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Business Analyst
Job Category: IT
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US