Technology Project Manager/Coordinator
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 207394
Position Title: Project Manager (II)
Title: Technology Project Manager/Coordinator
Location: San Diego, CA
Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value. Teradata is now in our eleventh consecutive year being recognized as one of the world’s most ethical companies. The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people, the best we can be.
As a project manager/coordinator, your objective is to partner with teams internal and external to the Product Management Office (which is comprised of our product managers and technology and innovation team) while building and operating projects that drive our success.
Our Ideal Candidate will:
- Help plan, manage and drive critical operational & technology projects and activities for the Product Management organization.
- Track and follow up on all project activities and organizational actions.
- Maintain operations/events calendars in support of the organization
- Organize projects and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization.
- Help manage short term and long-term operational goals in accordance with established plans.
- Coordinate teams across the organization with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities.
- Utilize a strong operational mindset to complete tasks and establish ongoing operational procedures.
- Assure that all levels of the organization (where needed) are communicated with transparently and consistently.
- Quickly pivot to new challenges and changes to ensure project goals are achieved.
- Produce accurate and timely project and activities reports.
- Collaborate with the larger team on strategy as well as operational matters.
- Interface with people across the board from individual contributors to executives in order to achieve the objectives.
- Maintaining and monitoring project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets and expenditures.
- Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project.
- Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable.
- Ensure stakeholder views are managed towards the best solution.
- Chair and facilitate meetings where appropriate and distribute minutes to all project team members.
Capabilities and/or characteristics of candidate:
- Positive and can-do. Stays focused on the delivery and helps resolve issues/concerns as they arise.
- Experience with project management and project-based tasks
- Self-driven to achieve tasks at hands.
- Able to raise issues and concerns appropriately to leadership
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have collaborative attitude and innovative mindset
- Laser focused on impact, balancing effort to value, and getting things done.
- Good at establishing mechanisms to create, track and report on operational elements
- A desire to learn and to grow in career
- 2+ years of experience in technology field and/or a bachelor's degree in engineering or related field from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Adept at learning new applications and tools to help manage projects and actions. Familiarity with SharePoint, Teams, Aha, Jira, Excel, Wiki, etc are a plus
This position is available in San Diego, CA. This fast-paced high tech environment is perfect for individuals seeking to exercise their operational talents in concert with a diverse group of technology minded product managers, architects, and engineers.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Technology Project Manager/Coordinator
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US