Location: Austin, Texas US
Requisition Number: 207393
If you want to be a key part of establishing and growing a large, global cloud and data analytics organization, then this opportunity may be for you. Teradata Corporation is a leader in delivering high power analytics to companies driving improved results and transformational capabilities. We are enabling customers to maximize their cloud opportunities.
The Security Architect will leverage broad technical knowledge of the security practices of key public cloud offerings of providers such as Amazon Web Services, Azure or Google to ensure Teradata solutions are designed and implemented to the highest security standards thus maintaining and enhancing customer trust.
The Security Architect is a highly technical security subject matter expert and will work in conjunction with Teradata Cloud Architects and Senior Developers to ensure Teradata Cloud security and compliance. The Security Architect is also focused on enabling secure Teradata Cloud deployments including identity & access management implementation, third-party software integration, incident management capabilities, system hardening requirements, and security requirements development for our development teams.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Ensure a highly secure, compliant cloud computing architecture
- Advise developers on cloud architectures and designs meeting accreditation standards.
- Liaison with our consulting practice to develop/enhance and document information security policies, procedures and standards required to design cloud-based solutions
- Ensure adherence to standard regulatory and compliance requirements by overseeing regular 3rd party security audits and penetration testing
- Learn and evolve continuously with the fast-changing cloud marketplace
- 7+ years of demonstrated information security, risk management & compliance experience
- 3+ years of experience with cloud compliance and/or common industry security standards
- Development experience in C, C++ and/or Java
- Experience with scripting (e.g., python, ruby, bash)
- Understanding of industry regulatory and compliance requirements (i.e., FedRAMP, PCI-DSS, NIST, HIPAA)
- Demonstrated capability to design secure systems on public / hybrid cloud as well as secure solutions for data in transit
- Technical experience working on database technologies
- Experience with the application of threat modeling or other risk identification techniques
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
- Industry certifications such as CISSP or CCSP preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Security Architect
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US