System Support Engineer
Location: Melbourne, Victoria AU
Requisition Number: 207387
Position Title: System Support Field Engineer II
Teradata is the acknowledged global leader in data warehouse innovation and analytical solution development. Every day we raise our customers' intelligence to higher levels, making them more focused and competitive by gathering enterprise information and extracting actionable insight.
To learn more, please go to teradata.com
Teradata has a vacant position for a Customer Services Representative [CSR]. For security clearance purpose the successful candidate must be an Australian Citizen.
- This role will be responsible to provide on-site support for Teradata Database customers. Typically these customers have 24x7 contracts, and the successful applicant must be prepared to be on-call as required for around 18 weeks a year.
- This role is responsible for the overall Teradata platform availability, proactive maintenance, all technical issue management, escalation, resolution and technical leadership in the strategic planning and implementation of support services for the customer site.
- This person will be looking after the system's UNIX/Windows/Linux operating system, Teradata Database, Hadoop, Aster SW, VMWare, TDVM and hardware. Pro-active maintenance is the key in this role. In house SW/HW and soft-skills training is available and high encouraged to grow the successful applicant's skill.
- The position requires a planned account management view as well as an understanding of the day to day operational aspects of the customer.
- Management of service delivery issues [break and fix].
- Ensure completion of service deliverables and provide leadership during crisis situations.
- Management of the escalation process.
- Meet with customer on a periodic basis to discuss service delivery and deliverables.
- Task management of designated account support from BAU and project perspective.
- Assure clear management reporting and management communication to both internal and external stakeholders for BAU or Project activities
- Liaise/engage and manage 3rd party support teams as necessary.
- Lead and manage development of the implementation plans for system change and/or new implementations.
This role requires the individual to:
- Have a valid drives licence
- Security clearance [Baseline]
- Respond to all the calls from the customer or on-site diagnostics as scheduled 24x7 basis
- Perform OS/Database Software upgrades.[Teradata, Hadoop, Aster]
- Perform preliminary software problem investigation and diagnostics collection.
- Perform hardware break-fix and upgrades.
- Manage system based Change Controls for O/S, Teradata and HW environment.
- Escalation management and escalate unresolved issues as per the escalation process.
- Provide feedback to the customer for reported issues.
- As per the Customer Support Contract provide the Site and Service and availability reports.
- Spare parts management.
- System Health Check Review, System management reporting and oversight of technical support issues.
- Software release management, including review and recommendations on software
- Understand and be responsible for delivery scope management in accordance to support and maintenance contract.
- This is a customer facing role and may require some travel with-in the territory.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in computer technology or related fields.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in local language.
- Experience and general working knowledge of UNIX or Linux. This could be in the form of Linux Admin or high level user.
- Experience with Teradata client software, networking, host operating systems, and utilities is a plus. (To help in timely identification and resolution of customer incidents).
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office components and personal computers (for generating the many reports required by the customer).
- Have Government Security clearances
- DBA/SQL knowledge/experience in Databases such as Oracle, Informix is preferred.
- Aster, Hadoop knowledge/experience is preferred.
- Cloud knowledge desirable
- VMware installation, configuration, support knowledge desirable
Community / Marketing Title: System Support Engineer
Job Category: Customer Support
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Melbourne, Victoria AU