Senior Software QA Test Engineer, Ecosystem Core Services
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 207386
Position Title: Quality Engineer (III)
Senior Software QA Test Engineer, Ecosystem Core Services
At Teradata our mission is to transform how businesses work and people live through the power of data. With 40 years of Big Data experience, we’re building a platform to enable our customers to leverage all of their data. We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence and It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics.
As a company, we dig deep and aim high: Are you up to the challenge?
Ecosystem Core Services (ECS) provides common infrastructure for Teradata’s Vantage microservice architecture. We provide authentication, authorization and auditing services for applications deployed on the platform leveraging integration into LDAP, SAML and OpenID Connect platforms. ECS enables a REST based Query Service for the Teradata database, secret management, system registration and notifications. ECS maintains Java and Go microservice frameworks which enable rapid application development for Teradata development teams.
Our services are built in Java and Golang with open source technology leveraged where it makes sense. We work across the company with our partners from the AppCenter team, security and the database to deliver integrated solutions. We’re building an ecosystem to enable the next generation of data developers innovate as quickly as possible both within Teradata and for our customers.
This year we’re working to expand our services to ensure we can provide end to end SSO for our customers from a web browser to the database server all the way to TensorFlow running on analytic nodes: a full end to end identity management solution. If figuring that out isn’t interesting enough, we want to add multifactor authentication (MFA) into the mix. Have you seen an MFA enabled database? Join us and let’s make it happen together.
As the Senior Software QA Test Engineer, you will be responsible to ensuring the quality of the ecosystem core services, maintaining the testing infrastructure and building a process for continuous quality development. To deliver this, you will leverage continuous integration and continuous delivery techniques leveraging Jenkins to build a quality pipeline covering the API’s developed by the team. You’ll be in charge of managing our release process and helping to integrate our deliverables into the entire Vantage platform. You will use Mocha as our regression test suite which runs as a part of our acceptance criteria: the story isn’t over until the automated tests pass.
You will be working to expand JMeter based performance test suite to ensure that our services continue to meet their availability guidelines. The Ecosystem Core Services need dial tone reliability: always available when requested and able to quickly respond.
You will also be given the opportunity to grow your skills in Kubernetes. All of the Ecosystem Core Services are delivered on top of Kubernetes and you will be responsible for maintaining these clusters, growing your skills in one of the areas most in demand. This is a great opportunity for a strong QA candidate to grow into a new set of skills.
Your Business Objectives would include:
- Contribute to testing a set of interdependent micro-services including designing test scenarios and test plans then implementing automated execution of the test cases.
- Create and improve test frameworks to enable fully automated testing and reporting.
- Maintain testing infrastructure running within Jenkins and on Kubernetes.
- Interact with engineering team and partners to ensure product functionality is validated and works as expected.
- Identify and propose areas of improvement to enhance testability throughout the software development process.
- We use Jenkins as our continuous integration platform though if you’ve used other CI environments like Travis CI or TeamCity before then that works as well.
- As a team we work with everyone in the company from other engineering teams to the people who help support our customers in the field. That means we’ll be in meetings face to face or on the phone. We’ll expect you to take part communicating in English with solid writing and oral communication skills.
- We deploy onto Linux environments either running on bare metal or inside Kubernetes. Knowledge of Linux environments and networking is useful for being effective but not required.
- As a team we apply agile development practices with a preference to Scrum however other knowledge of other methodologies is useful.
- As a senior role, we expect five years of relevant experience in application development, test engineering or the operations space. We’ll work with your experience in these areas to develop the skills you need to be successful in this multidisciplinary role.
- Ideally you have a BS or MS degree in computer science or computer engineering.
Location: This position is on site at the San Diego facility.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software QA Test Engineer, Ecosystem Core Services
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US