Engineering Director, External Open Services
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 207384
Position Title: Director, Software Engineering
You will be responsible for the formation of the Teradata Cloud Open Services Lab whose charter is to build a set of services that orchestrate and automate the complete life-cycle of a database cluster from creation to operation to scale-out and fail-over, and integrate closely with our engine and storage layers to build an end-to-end solution that is easy-to-use and at the same time full-fills the demanding requirements of an enterprise-grade solution.
Your teams will interact with developers to identify and resolve pain points, fill in gaps in tooling, and enhance the solution architect, devops and developer experience. In addition, the Lab will extract best-practice knowledge, reference architectures, and patterns to promote re-use with the worldwide Teradata community.
You will lead a group of creative engineers dedicated to making it more natural and intuitive for our customer and partner communities to use Teradata Cloud APIs and services from their favorite programming language.
You will need a strong understanding of cloud technology as well as an ability to pull people together from various teams and functional groups, using lightweight and efficient processes and communication mechanisms, in order to meet ambitious plans.
- Accountable for managing interactions with other parts of the company
- Accountable for the completion of project deliverables
- Concerned with long term improvements to the group and organization
- Manages reviews and ensures there is accountability and that the management of projects and stakeholders are in place
- Recruits and builds effective teams by understanding the technical skills, critical roles and chemistry between associates
- Manage direct reports and teams running multiples scrums/sprints
- 10+ years of demonstrated technology leadership experience implementing large scale data management.
- 5+ years of experience architecting enterprise-scale data lake solutions end-to-end.
- 3+ years experience with native AWS technologies for data and analytics such as Redshift Spectrum, Athena, S3, Lambda, Glue, EMR, Kinesis, SNS, CloudWatch, etc. or Azure, Google Cloud equivalent experience.
- Solid understanding of the full application development life cycle and practical operations support experience.
- Demonstrated success in working in an Agile, Waterfall and hybrid environments.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and delegation skills.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Engineering Director, External Open Services
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US