Senior Software Architect
Location: Austin, Texas US
Requisition Number: 207380
Senior Staff Software Architect
Location: Austin, TX
Teradata, the world's leading data analytics company is looking for software engineers who are passionate about building cloud services to join our Teradata Cloud team. This is a unique opportunity to join our team in a period of fast growth and expansion. If you are interested in working in a startup environment where you can directly influence the future of cloud-based analytics solutions and services, then the Teradata Cloud is the place for you. You will actively define and implement state of the art technical solutions, including capabilities to support elastic scalability, on-demand self-service, disaster recovery, and usage-based consumption, to enable customers to solve their most complex data analytics challenges.
Teradata Cloud seeks a Cloud Distributed Systems Software Engineer to build and operate highly scalable, fault tolerant, elastic, and secure services in a distributed system of hardware with varying reliability guarantees.
You will be working with a team of the brightest analytical and engineering minds in the industry to understand and advance emerging technologies to invent the next wave of cutting-edge analytic data solutions.
You will be solving the world’s toughest business problems with data and analytics and leveraging the latest technologies with an emphasis on cloud.
Business Objectives would include:
- You must be able to drive requirements, design, develop implementation, and document software by leveraging agile methodologies
- You should be able to apply latest design patterns (including microservices) and technologies to deliver clean, modular, maintainable and performant solutions.
- You are comfortable in a team environment that is highly collaborative and places strong emphasis on peer review.
- You must be able to engineer applications and web services that can run in the cloud, on premise or in hybrid environments.
- You have a strong passion for developing incredibly simple, yet highly functional interfaces.
- You are knowledgeable with open source tools and technologies and can use / extend them wherever appropriate to develop solutions.
- You should be able to drive initiatives, mentor junior team members, new hires and interns.
- You need to have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- You are highly motivated, think creatively, and comfortable working in team-based environments
- You will have to work across teams and organizations, to build end-2-end solutions
- At least a Master’s degree or above
- At least 10 years of hands-on software development experience.
- Strong computer science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
Experience architecting/designing, implementing, and operating distributed complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Familiarity with dev-ops software development methods.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Experience with Teradata technologies.
- Knowledge of relational database engines.
- Experience with Cloud services like AWS, Azure or GCP
- Experience with container related technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, etc
- Experience working with large data sets including NoSQL data stores(dynamo, DocumentDB/Cosmos.
- Familiarity with big data analytic engines like Hadoop.
- Experience working with customers on deployment of supporting mission critical, 24x7 systems.
- Experience with automated deployments and source code / configuration management tools - GitHub, AWS CloudFormation, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Vagrant, Terraform, etc.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software Architect
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US