Global Communications Operations Specialist
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 207377
Position Title: Communications Specialist (III)
Are you a proficient and intellectually curious thought leader with previous Internal Email Marketing tools and data quality experience? Are you eager to leverage your knowledge and expertise to make a difference as you help our employees know the most up-to-date information on Teradata? Do you enjoy working collaboratively with a team and outside partners to share best practices and innovative ideas? If so, please apply online today – we look forward to learning more about your interests and qualifications!
The Global Communications Operations Specialist is responsible for executing Teradata’s internal communications for email distribution within the global Teradata organization and related quality assurance (QA), maintenance, training and reporting for internal communication programs. This role provides operational support for TailoredMail, our internal communications tool, including building a strong vendor relationship and contact data quality, troubleshooting issues, and developing/managing reporting. This role is an ongoing contact for internal Teradata users for guidance and support of internal communication tool-related functions, supporting Corporate Communications, members of the company’s cross functional governance committee, and other corporate functions. He/she will interface between Teradata users, Teradata ITS and the tool vendor, as needed, to provide a robust, high-functioning internal communication environment to deploy targeted communications as needed to support the company’s business objectives, provide best practice consultation, problem resolution and results reporting / follow up.
- Be an internal tool (TailoredMail) expert and go-to contact for questions, issues, maintenance, custom-builds, training, and reporting.
- Manage contact data quality, consistently maintaining and reviewing the data flow from our master database, ensuring consistency. This includes weekly data scrubs.
- Responsible for thorough knowledge of the organization, management/reporting hierarchies for producing accurate targeted distribution lists. Manages dynamic and static distribution list functions within the internal communication tool and ensures inconsistencies are addressed.
- Troubleshoots issues with tool behavior, works with Teradata IT and vendor to ensure resolution.
- Assist with altering HTML source code using the tool’s HTML, Designer and Wizard editors to ensure proper layout rendering.
- Recommend email marketing best practices and ensures optimum delivery via Microsoft Outlook to varying user device types.
- Assist in constant optimizing email deliverability using tools and create reporting functionality to support the global organization in understanding what works best.
- Monitor and report on effectiveness metrics related to tactics.
- Support oversight of Corporate Communications Publication calendar for effective scheduling of messages across internal formats.
- Work closely with internal communications teams, IT and the tool vendor to define and implement new functionality and offerings to the organization.
- Continuously analyze operational processes to find and implement new efficiencies.
- Continuously drive innovation tied to internal campaign execution.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and 3+ years marketing experience with emphasis on email marketing and tool management.
- Two or more years of experience with set up and execution of multi-channel, multi-touch marketing automation-based campaigns using TailoredMail or other automation platforms.
- Two or more years of experience in tool or application technical support.
- Experience working with tool/application users in defining tool and communication requirements.
- Very strong HTML / CSS knowledge with emphasis on HTML email development.
- Advanced experience creating emails, landing pages, forms and reports.
- Proven ability to extract and interpret data from various sources to offer creative marketing solutions and business decisions.
- Strong project management capabilities, including the ability to accurately specify project timeframes, dependencies and risk factors.
- Ability to execute quickly and with high-quality while handling multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment requiring project prioritization.
- Ability to adapt to changing environments and priorities.
- Ability to work effectively with people, to gain internal respect and build consensus with superiors and peers from across the organization.
- Strong oral/written presentation skills to be used in presenting results from communications to internal clients to help build a continuous improvement process.
- Experience and proven ability in working effectively both independently and in a team-based environment
- History of successful vendor relationships and management.
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Global Communications Operations Specialist
Job Category: Marketing
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US