Field Service Engineer
Location: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi CN
Requisition Number: 207367
Position Title: System Support Field Engineer II
Job Title: Field Service Engineer
Worker Type: Full time
RESPONSIBILITIES and Tasks
- Responsible for delivering all on-site services as well as interfacing directly with customers
- Provides written and oral activity reports to management and customers
- Work with senior Customer Service Representative of complex Change Controls implementations such as node merge, expansion
- Develop effective working relationships at the operation level and above within the customer environment
- Investigates and resolves OS and Teradata incidents based on existing information
- Provides written and oral customized activity reports as required.
- Review and analyze system logs
- Identify potential actions to resolve errors
- Create Output Action incidents
- Assist with customer report development
- Coordinates activities associated with product/service resolution issues
- Logs problem resolution maintains databases
- Initial problem triage
- Research knowledge base for known solutions to known problems
- Identification and management of duplicate incidents
- Populate work flow documents
- Extract logs, dumps, error files from customer systems
- Prepare and transmit source upgrade files
- Presents and gains agreement for problem isolation, solution creation and implementation plans
- Isolate standard problems
- Diagnose hardware problems
- Provide remote support to on site resources
- Provides Priority one support and participates in System Recovery actions
- Identifies gaps in knowledge applications and improve it
- Create and maintain generic upgrade and change templates
Process and Infrastructure
- Participates in requirement gathering process and user testing
- Monitors incoming work queue
- Backlog management incident ownership and follow up
- Backlog management
- Work closely with senior CSR(Customer Service Representative ) for project planning and implementation
- Works on multiple projects or a project with global scope
- Tracks, updates, communicates project status, scheduling and documentation
- Develop and maintain working relations with customers in designated Accounts/territory.
- Advise customers about service and service delivery, including maintenance agreements and SLAs.
- Respond to customer opportunities, issues and complaints in a timely manner.
- Visit each assigned customer at the customer’s request or at least once a quarter.
- Develop relationships and interact with internal customers (Teradata Service Consultant, SSM(Support Svcs Manager), CSM(Critical Systems Management), Service Management Function, Service Implementation Managers, CSO(Critical Support Office),GTS(Global Technical Support)/GSC(Global Support Center), Spare parts Management, PS leader, AE/STL ).
SLA Performance and Accounts delivery /Individual Productivity
- Monitor SLA performance against target for assigned accounts/territory.
- Perform root-cause analysis and preventive measures for repeated escalations.
- Analyze issues for missed targets and implement corrective actions.
- Ensures that the Teradata Environment is proactively managed to meet customer’s goals
- Engage all Teradata installations and upgrades, providing overall technical leadership for the end-to-end installation and change process
- Continue improve operation productivity with aligned global process.
- Owner of data integrity in My Work, My Time and CIS(Customer Information System) etc… Field Operation Tracking system for the assigned accounts/territory.
- SW Release Management - Set up a “Patch Cycle Process” for all mega majors or top customers.
- Comply with CC(Change Control) Best Practice, Implementation Planning and Reporting, SHL/ABL Updates (100%)
- Participate the teamwork and team communications, positive feedback and escalation the issue to the delivery team leader or assigned mentor .
- Participate individual and team meetings on a regular basis.
- Plan and manage vacation effectively to meet daily availability goals.
Financial Management (impacts the P&L)
- Promote and manage out of scope time-and-material (T&M) activities.
- Manage expenses effectively (overtime, T&E, parts, assets).
- Be responsible for physical assets including tools, test equipment, vehicles, etc. and service parts, both assigned (PPK) and loaned (issued on a work order).
- Manage parts usage and service parts returns including surplus stock, loaned parts and PPK adjustments.
- Manage employee-related and miscellaneous expenses.
- Support TSC in managing accounts receivable issues .
GTS/GSC and CSO Coordination
- Take accountability and lead for customer incident queues created and worked within the TACC, GSC and R&D Division.
- Conduct on-going, open communications with assigned GTS Service Coordinator on a daily basis.
- Support the GTS/GSC Service Coordinator in managing SLA performance.
- Consult with the Global Technical Support/GSC/CSO Service Coordinator on service delivery escalation, both proactive and reactive.
- Consult with the GTS(Global Technical Support) Service Coordinator on the best of use of resources from the
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor of Science Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in computer technology or related fields.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in both Chinese and English.
- Good working OS knowledge of LINUX, Windows, UNIX.
- Good understanding of database and SQL.
- Experience/exposure in Mid-range UNIX/Linux systems hardware maintenance.
- Exposure to TCP networking for UNIX environment.
- Exposure to Shell Scripting & Programming.
- Teradata Certified Professional is a plus
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office components and personal computers
- Carry 7x24 customer hotline pager on rotation
- Ability to work during weekends or holidays as necessary
- Strong teamwork
- Would like to work at customer site or virtual office.
State: Shanghai Shi
Community / Marketing Title: Field Service Engineer
Job Category: Customer Support
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi CN