Sr. Product Owner / Product Manager
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina US
Requisition Number: 207366
Position Title: Product Manager (IV)
Sr. Product Owner / Product Manager - Analytics
Are you an experienced Product Management professional looking for new challenges? If you are a highly motivated individual with a strong background in analytics and the passion to deliver cutting-edge products, we have the perfect opportunity in Raleigh, North Carolina! Teradata Vantage Applications group seeks a strong Software Product Manager to join our dynamic Product Management team to drive product strategy and state-of-the-art solutions for Customer Experience product portfolio.
As a Product Manager you will be part of our cross-functional Product Team, leading roadmap development and execution in the Product Development lifecycle. Internally, the role involves close collaboration with Development, Support, Sales and Consultancy teams across Teradata’s global business. We are market-driven, so you will collaborate through multiple channels with our clients and users to understand their market needs and optimize product positioning.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, or related technical discipline, or combination of education and relevant experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a market-driven Product Management role, with ownership of specific product ideas and initiatives, driving their market validation and go-to-market process
- Extensive experience in Product Management or Product Ownership and Delivery of SaaS-based Products
- Strong product management experience in analytics, data profiling, and data integration
- Strong experience in driving strategies, roadmap and partnerships involving product’s integration with third-party ecosystem of vendors
- Analytics and data engineering knowledge and understanding
- Develop and maintain product roadmap to reflect all the stages – from conception to go-to-market
- Demonstrated experience leading product development using Agile methodologies
- Ability to proactively keep the backlog refined and prioritized to enable successful continuous SaaS-based delivery of Product capabilities
- Strong experience with facets of product management involving design thinking, lean methodologies, Customer Discovery and Agile Product development
- Ability to take the strategic goals to actionable user-stories for the engineering team, articulate use cases defining business outcomes, and user stories and success criteria
- Customer-facing skills to engage in cross-functional team feedback sessions to facilitate/enhance product growth
- Cultivate product culture and communicate the product vision across the whole organization and collaboratively work on a common goal with Engineers, Sales, Consultants, Support and management of all levels
- Demonstrable leadership abilities in changing, ambiguous and challenging situations
- Outstanding communication, presentation delivery and leadership skills
- Knowledge of common direct marketing and CRM methods and processes, how such techniques are applied, and how results of such techniques are evaluated on the back end
- Knowledge of common customer marketing analytics including customer segmentation, offer optimization, propensity modeling
- Experience using JIRA or equivalent systems for agile planning and issue management
- Experience using Aha product management Software
- Knowledge about APIs, Microservices is preferred
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Product Owner / Product Manager
Job Category: Product Management
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Raleigh, North Carolina US