Sr Manager, Software Engineering
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 207352
Position Title: Sr Manager, Software Engineering
Engineering Manager - Job Description:
Teradata is the world's largest company focused on integrated data warehousing, gigantic data analytics, and business applications. Our powerful solutions portfolio and database are the foundation on which we’ve built our leadership position in business intelligence and are planned to address any business or technology need for companies of all sizes. Teradata Product Engineering Division, the technology research and development (R&D) organization within Teradata, has been turning innovative decision support technology into business results for over 30 years. Our R&D team of analytic architects, database developers and engineers work to understand and advance emerging technologies to invent the next wave of cutting-edge analytic data solutions.
The Engineering Manager for our Test harness, Quality Framework and Automation will be responsible for leading an engineering team that will be designing, developing and maintaining test harness framework for as-a-service offering of key product delivery.
Candidate needs to utilize latest technology and best tools to develop and implement 100% test framework and automation to build, deploy and test Teradata database on all supported platforms (both on-premises and cloud). He/she must be well versed in working in an Agile, DevOps, and Continuous Integration next gen automated dev/test environments.
The candidate needs to: Understand, implement, integrate, upgrade modules and components for given use-cases for the test harness and frameworks; Explore and customize suitable open-source tools for the requirements; Maintain and support user and operational requests for latest as well as legacy test harness and frameworks
Candidate will be reporting to Engineering Director and expected to technically interact with the team in terms of design/develop/review the Test harness, Quality Framework and Automation deliverables.
We are looking for experienced Manager with exceptional engineering skills in building innovative solutions as part of our Core Product Engineering organization. Leader who has great experience with the art of Agile Engineering - who share our enthusiasm and passion for technology and innovation, our expertise in creating software and solutions for our customers.
At Teradata, we know that the continued explosion of data will usher in an analytics revolution which will help our customers to grow from being an Intelligent Enterprise to "The Sentient Enterprise". Be a part of a very talented team and help us grow our presence in the next generation technologies for Teradata customers.
Education and Experience Requirements:
B.Tech/M.Tech/MCA in Computer Science or related field with 12+ years of programming and Test framework/harness area and with at least 5+ years of excellent people management experience
- Manage Test Harness and Automation engineering staff, including the hiring plans, candidate interviews, staff assessments, and training requirements
- Prepare and maintain a detailed project plan and lead scoping, planning, and staffing projects; responsible for statement of work development and risk assessment
- Execute towards a goal of full automation environment/harness and product delivery/GCA via DevOps, Agile for all the planned releases
- Provide an integrated view of the status, progress and engineering exceptions relative to automation and operations
- Proactively offer insight and solutions to business-driven issues
- Manage program risks and issues with action plans; develop contingency plans for schedule slips and project issues
- Lead resolution of inter-organizational issues relative to schedule and availability; report progress and escalate issues as required to Management to ensure prompt resolution. Providing recommendations/suggestions for improving organizational efficiency for adoption, execution and related operations.
- Experience in Architecting and Developing Test Harness frameworks
- Experience in DevOps tool stack (Jenkins, GitHub, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes etc.)
- Source control with Git, SVN or Clearcase
- Experience in advanced scripting (Ruby/Python), UNIX/Linux, Java, code coverage tools, code analysis tools, CICD & Engineering tools like Jira, Confluence, Git, Artifactory, Jenkins/Teamcity, Gradle, MVN etc.
- Knowledge on client-server architecture, cron jobs, windows services is a must
- Should have expertise on triaging/fixing code and configuration problems
- Knowledge on other operating systems, web technologies, Shell/Perl is a plus
- Knowledge on Ansible & Selenium frameworks
- Experience in implementing CICD
- Knowledge on Configuration Management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, SaltStack
- Experience in database products is a plus.
- Perl/Shell/Java scripting is an added advantage
- Familiarity on Visualization tools – Grafana, Tableau
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies and tools
- Experience/knowledge on cloud technologies such as Azure, CloudStack, VMware, AWS, GCP, etc. is a plus
- Knowledge on JSON or similar technologies and Web Services (WSDL, SOAP, REST) is a plus
- Ability to visualize 100% automation
- Good programming skills with scripting languages
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technology
- Strong knowledge of Continuous Integration environment
- Attention to detail
- Ability to follow documented specifications and plans with minimal supervision
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Good understanding on software development life cycle (analysis, design, coding, testing etc.,)
- Excellent Cross boundary collaboration and people management skills
As an Engineering Manager:
- You have an excellent work ethic
- You have a strong sense of ownership for the work assigned
- Eagerness to apply uncompromised highly technical standards and ideas to maintain the high quality
- Manage individual projects, projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables as per Teradata standards. Involve to coach team to improve/maintain the high quality in design, develop, test, deploy & maintenance cycle.
- Inspire, grow, and develop talent while providing vision and setting direction for the team based on organization objectives and lead effectively through outcomes rather than tasks.
- Oversee the design, development, quality, and operations of test harness frameworks
- Collaborate with other teams to achieve shared objectives, provide strategic insight and lead continuous improvement efforts in Teradata quality and cloud operations and services.
- Work closely with software engineers, test engineers, technical leads, other partner quality assurance teams, product managers, engineering director and other engineering teams to release high-quality Teradata product through the efficient software project lifecycle (build, test and release on time).
- You have exceptional design and programming skills
- You are keen on quickly learning a wide range of technologies and apply them to your work
- You have multiple design options/solutions for challenging problems
- You have an eye for detail and able to communicate your thoughts and ideas across global teams
- You are passionate about mentoring and document and share your key learnings
We are a fast-moving team located in Hyderabad. We have an open source background and approach to coding, centered around collaboration and transparency. We work with distributed teams in San Diego, California.
On our team Teradata Devops, and Quality Engineering team, you'll build and maintain the software for the new products and internal Core Automation and Engineering Tools that are at the heart of building our new products for the company that gave birth to big data. We're an extremely agile team that builds modern software built on cutting edge technology.
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Sr Manager, Software Engineering
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN