Senior Automation Engineer
Location: Prague, Praha CZ
Requisition Number: 207288
Position Title: Technology Consulting IV
Teradata is a global leader in the data warehouse field. The Global Delivery Centre in Prague assigns its consultants to the largest and most sophisticated data warehouse (DWH), operational data stores (ODS), Data Lakes (DL) and other data repositories projects across the EU, for example in Austria, Italy, Sweden, UK, France, Czech Republic, etc.
An Automation Engineer plans, designs, develops and deploys practically solutions based on DevOps, DataOps and continuous integration methodologies. The key product of the role is focused on automation for SDLC routine activities like an infrastructure provisioning, code and test development, software packages deployment and operational processes.
Automation Engineers has expertise with building data repositories (e.g.: DWH, ODS, Data Lake), but will be encouraged to develop into “T-shaped” professionals as part of their professional development.
Automation Engineers work on projects that use platform services like Teradata, Hadoop and other data-related systems, mostly deployed on Linux. They must be ready to work with various deployment models: cloud, on-premise or in hybrid environments.
Senior Automation Engineers function as Tech Leads.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Design automation and CI/CD processes & automation in order to fulfill business needs
- Implement, test and maintain continuous integration and delivery workflows using best practices across the market and automation tools stack
- Act as a product owner of automation domain on a project, plan implementation roadmaps
- Develop, validate and document the automated continuous integration solution design
- Test the developed automation system (smoke test, system integration test, performance test)
- Create own tools if such missing
- Deploy systems in the cloud, on-premises or in a hybrid environment
- Support, establish and maintain the deployed solution, configuration management solution, continuous integration solution, and continuous delivery pipelines
- Be interface with project stakeholders (Project managers, members of Scrum team, customer) to define automation guidelines in line architecture
- Mentor, train and lead consultants.
- Experience working in data analytics environment (Data Warehouse projects) and stateful services
- Professional communication skills, including business-stakeholder communications
- Experience working with adaptive planning techniques (aka Agile), understanding of MVP approach
- Good knowledge of Linux - basic layout, package management, user management, shell scripting, and overall good Unix vocabulary
- Practical experience and good knowledge of DevOps, DataOps or Continuous Integration methodologies and best practices
- Proficiency in at least one programming or scripting language (Java, Groovy, Python, Ruby, Perl)
- Good practical skills with SQL
- Proficiency in a configuration management tool (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, SaltStack)
- Expert knowledge of git
- Ability to use bug/task/change tracking tools (Jira, Bugzilla…)
- Ability to write technical documentation in the English language (Run Books, User Guides, Tutorials…)
- Knowledge of build tools (Maven, Gradle…) and use of infrastructure servers (Nexus, Artifactory…)
- Advanced English.
- Experience with or at least some knowledge of system integration tools or/and middleware
- Experience with system containerization Docker, VMWare, VirtualBox
- Familiar with Kubernetes architecture
- Basic knowledge of security and authentication (LDAP and/or Kerberos and SSL)
- Understanding basic networking concepts (WAN, LAN, DNS, OSI, Protocols…)
- Experience with test automation in any language
- Ability to lead a team of engineers.
What we offer:
- World-class technical training within Teradata University
- Every new hire gets a detailed training plan containing 2 weeks of on-site training about Teradata architecture
- Language courses (Czech, German)
- Relocation bonus (if coming to Prague from abroad)
- 25 days of holiday a year
- Private medical care
- Meal vouchers in the amount of 110 CZK/ day (Teradata contributes 83 CZK/day)
- Company’s contribution to the Pension fund (up to 3% of monthly gross salary)
- Life insurance
- Company’s assistance in case of sickness (25% of your gross base salary) in addition to local regulations
- Employee referral program (4,000$ USD)
- Sports and activities membership program
- Employee stock purchase program
- Contribution of 300 USD for a mobile phone of your choice (every 2 years).
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Automation Engineer
Job Category: Consulting
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Prague, Praha CZ