Open Source - Senior Software Engineer
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 207275
Position Title: Software Engineer (III)
Senior Software Engineer - Infrastructure / Systems Engineer
The Stacki group in Shared Services Org. at Teradata, is currently seeking an experienced software engineer to join our team. This person will be primarily responsible for developing new features and supporting our opensource bare-metal installer (named “Stacki”). The primary focus of the Stacki project is to “own the datacenter”, that is, our goal is to be the engine behind the installation and configuration of all hardware and software found in modern datacenters.
- Design, develop, implement, test and support new features for Stacki, our bare-metal opensource installer.
- Collaborate well within a tight-knit team to produce world-class enterprise-grade software.
- Investigate and explore creative ways in which to address the needs of our community that we are building around Stacki.
- Collaborate with external applications teams inside Teradata to support Stacki installations, and enable application installations in Stacki.
- Support the software for internal and external customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 4-6 years of relevant work experience – OR –
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science and 2-4 years relevant work experience
- Programming experience in Python required.
- Experience in group software development and routine use of version control tools required, specifically Git.
- Linux experience required - Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and SuSE Linux Enterprise System experience preferred.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience with DevOps tools like Ansible, Chef, or Salt is a major plus.
- Clustered systems experience is a plus, experience with the open-source Stacki distribution is a major plus.
- Experience in building, organizing and cultivating a community based around an open-source project is a plus.
- Excellent organizational, presentation, analytical, written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to grasp new concepts and technical skills quickly.
- Highly organized, good time management skills and detail-oriented.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Open Source - Senior Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US