Sr. Security Contract Manager
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 207261
Sr. Security Contract Manager
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
If you want to be a key part of establishing and growing a large, global data analytics technology company, then this opportunity may be for you. Our corporate security team is at the heart of ensuring we deliver our analytics solutions to our customer’s analytic ecosystem wherever they deploy our technology (on premises, managed cloud or public cloud). We are actively driving toward next generation service capabilities building on our already best in class services. We are helping customers determine how to maximize the opportunities enabled by cloud and how to successfully navigate towards the cloud mandates that many of our large, global customers have in place.
The Security Contract Senior Manager position will provide effective counseling, drafting, review, and negotiation of the Privacy and Security terms for our sales agreements with commercial and government entities. This individual will partner with our Product and business teams to ensure that the Privacy and Security terms of our agreements meet our customer expectations and business requirements.
The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude and be a consistently productive, hardworking and creative problem solver, able to work independently and thrive in a challenging (but supportive and collegial) fast-paced environment. Candidates also must possess a commitment and dedication to meeting deadlines and the drive to consistently exceed client expectations. In addition, the candidate must demonstrate an eagerness and ability to perform in a “startup-like” environment and must take a “no job is too big or too small” approach to daily activities, be able to deal effectively with people throughout the organization, be able to give practical advice, and be comfortable taking direction while working without supervision.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Review, edit and negotiate agreements, letters and other documents, including those relating to sales to end-user customers, relationships with partners, and prime contractors
- Review and draft responses to customer-proposed privacy and security terms and conditions contained in requests for proposals, invitations to bid and related documents
- Oversee compliance with applicable internal policies and laws, rules and regulations
- Provide training to clients
- Meet with and advise clients on commercial contracting issues
- Assist in developing contracting templates and standards
- Develop strong strategic relationships with clients
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as directed
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field required
- Qualified candidates must have 5-10 years of commercial contract drafting experience with at least 5 years of experience with IT contracts, including reviewing, negotiating and drafting software licensing agreements, IT sales agreements, cloud, and software as a service agreements and service/consulting agreements.
- Understanding of Privacy laws and regulations
- A general understanding of cloud privacy and security contract challenges
- Experience presenting and communicating to Customers and Executive Management
- Ability to effectively work and collaborate with technical and non-technical resources
- Possess a keen attention to detail
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Strong organizational skills
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Security Contract Manager
Job Category: Engineering
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US