Lead DevOps Engineer, Managed Services
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 207240
Position Title: Software Engineer (IV)
Lead Process Automation Engineer, AIOps
Location: San Diego, CA
We’re hiring a Lead DevOps Engineer with experience in AIOps and Managed Services. The successful candidate is responsible for facilitating the automation of processes involved in account management, IT Service Management (ITSM) workflows, Systems and Application alerting, and other integrated technologies. The Process Automation Engineer will leverage Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence to enable self-service and auto-remediation with the goal of improving customer service responsiveness and lower operational costs.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Development, integration, and automation of account management of Platforms, OS and applications in data centers and on the public clouds
- Work with product, service and application owners to integrate and automate processes to reduce repetitive tasks
- Work with other technology Teams, such as Information and Security, on increasing efficiencies using backend web APIs, PowerShell, and other comparable task automation and configuration management framework.
- Review and recommend improvements to operational processes and procedures utilizing automation
- Participate in software configuration, version control, and release management
- Gather and analyze data in support of business cases, proposed projects, and system requirements
- Effectively communicates with both technical and non-technical staff
- Provides technical leadership, hands-on implementation skills, and extensive troubleshooting skills for complex automation processes for day to day IT operations
- Maintain compliance with Security and Governance standards
- Develops and documents configurations, workflows, processes, and FAQs for integration and automation processes
- Provide architecture support on Cloud Services to Product Management
- Implement proof of concepts and early release solutions in Customer environments
- Manage access and consumption to the internal lab environments on AWS, Azure, GCP, and others
- Ensure governance, risk management, and compliance is applied to all automation and code
Technical Skills Required
- Maintain up to date on DevOps and other relevant certifications
- Use Ansible, Puppet, Jenkins, Terraform, AWS CFT, Azure ARM, GCP Instance Templates and other comparable technologies to standardize deployments
- Configures automated scripting tasks through Cron Jobs, Windows Task Manager, AWS Lambda and Azure Automation
- Utilizes AWS DevOps Tooling or Azure DevOps and Git for Source control and versioning
- Utilizes AWS CloudWatch or Azure log analytics with Azure Sentinel
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience with managed services providers
- 3+ years of experience in an IT automation role
- 3+ years of Cloud Engineering experience with AWS, Azure, and other comparable public clouds
- Client interfacing, relationship building, and consulting skills required
- 2+ Experience with application configuration management tools including Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- 4+ years of experience with Directory Service technologies including Windows, Linux, and Active Directory. Ping Experience preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in a people management role as a technical lead
- 3+ years of experience integrating automation with ServiceNow or Comparable ITSM Solution
- 2+ years of experience with Lean, Agile, and Scrum methodologies
- 2+ years of experience in an ITOM and AIOps role working with ServiceNow Operational Intelligence.
- Hands-on experience using continuous integration solutions such as Jenkins, Azure DevOps, Xmatters or comparable tools
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Lead DevOps Engineer, Managed Services
Job Category: Customer Support
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US