Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 207231
Position Title: Information Systems Analyst (IV)
As the recognized leader in data and analytics, Teradata is all about empowering high-impact business outcomes to unleash the potential of great companies. We focus every day on helping customers build lasting analytic capabilities and drive differentiated value through our flexible delivery of analytics at scale on an agile data foundation.
As an Enterprise Architect (EA) at Teradata, you will be responsible for improving Teradata’s overall enterprise technical architecture (ETA) by architecting and implementing solutions based on Teradata’s business strategy, capabilities and business requirements. The EA does this by leveraging reference architectures and EA methodologies to proactively engage business stakeholders, peers and IT staff to design and oversee solution architectures that align to the future state business vision. The Enterprise Architect is responsible for developing reference architectures, models, roadmaps and high-level solution designs that maximize and optimize the Teradata IT portfolio. The EA may act a subject matter expertise to ensure portfolio deliverables are designed to achieve targeted business outcomes between the “current state” and “to be” state (business, data, applications, technologies, and security). The EA understands Teradata’s business drivers and their relationships to the technology portfolio to perform analysis, provide general guidance, and recommend specific action related to Teradata’s enterprise architecture.
Role and Responsibilities
- Ensure that Teradata’s IT portfolio adheres to Teradata’s guiding principles, standards, and solution patterns, and recommend additional principles, standards, and solution patterns as needed to support Teradata’s future-state architecture vision.
- Collaborate with Enterprise Architecture peers, IT staff and business partners to design and oversee activities related to solution architecture future states – including reference architectures, guiding principles, support models and security compliance.
- Work closely with the Teradata’s IT Project Management Office to support application architects during project planning to ensure all Teradata IT application projects are aligned with the overall enterprise architecture, and that solution designs do not result in misalignment with business requirements, deficiencies caused by application dependencies, or other adverse circumstances.
- Participate in developing actionable roadmaps for the evolution of Teradata application portfolio solutions from current state to future state and provide technical oversight during execution of the plan.
- Act as a trusted advisor to Teradata executives and senior managers, provide executive-level presentations communicating the business value underlying Teradata’s information technology strategy.
- Identify opportunities spanning technical disciplines across product lines and/or services.
- Translate desired future-state business capabilities into solution architecture requirements.
- Identify elements of the enterprise technical architecture (ETA) which may impede projects and advise portfolio owners on mitigation and/or advocate for ETA changes.
- Stay abreast of changes in IT policies and processes which may impact Teradata’s progression toward business objectives and recommend appropriate courses of action.
- Assist in estimating the cost/benefit of new technologies, to include both financial and technical impact.
- Facilitate the assessment and selection of software product solutions, standards and services that complement the Teradata ETA.
- Ensure all solution architecture design and analysis work is properly documented and stored for reuse.
- Provides technical direction to delivery on key transition and transformation initiatives.
- Contributes to company methods and practices community.
- Leads client-level visioning sessions for key areas identified by IT leadership.
- Shares knowledge and expertise through publishing, presenting at industry events and/or mentoring.
- Proactively collaborates with the company’s technology community.
- Collaborate with business constituents, other EA team members, project teams, and staff in various IT functional areas as needed to fulfill the responsibilities described above.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in a technical discipline
- 10+ years of related experience
- Knowledge of all domains of the enterprise technical architecture
- Working knowledge and/or experience with developing cloud/mobile/data solutions. (Domain knowledge of Teradata data and analytics platform solutions a plus)
- Specialized skills in the use of architecture frameworks, methodologies and patterns through solution delivery. (TOGAF, IT4IT, DevOps, Agile, ITIL)
- Experience with TOGAF to guide large-scale and complex Strategy and Transformation activities.
- Effective at breaking down complex problems to a level that work groups can understand and own.
- Expert knowledge of emerging industry trends a plus
- Solid, up to expert knowledge of 1-2 Vertical industry Segment(out of the 12 defined by Gartner)
- Excellent teaming and communication skills. (Toastmasters a plus).
- Excellent planning, organization, and time-management skills
- Strong consultative, facilitation and consensus building skills
- Quickly grasp the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations and how they relate to achieving targeted business outcomes. Exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to estimate the impact of solution architecture alternatives
- Visualize and create infographics which facilitate transfer of knowledge and shared understanding
- Present and communicate technical concepts effectively to nontechnical audiences
- Sound judgment and strong sense of personal accountability
- Strong, consistent business acumen and general management abilities
- Understands and can articulate the relative strengths and weaknesses of solutions relative to a business need.
- Demonstrates and can exercise independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Enterprise Architect
Job Category: IT
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US