Services Account Manager
Location: Moscow, Moskva RU
Requisition Number: 207215
The Services Account Manager (SAM) is a multi-faceted Managed & Success Services (M&SS) sales and renewal manager. As part of our Go-To-Market sales organization, this position will serve as the primary pre-sales expert in the managing of services customer relationships, identifying sales/up-sale opportunities and managing/mitigating erosions/cancellations in renewals.
You will be responsible for managing a geographic territory to the business objectives including Order, Revenue, Margin and renewals. You will work with an integrated Account Team focusing on account planning to identify customer needs and business opportunities. You will be viewed as the expert in Teradata’s service solutions and work directly with the Customer to position, scope, and develop winning proposals. Your role will require you to portray and sell business value, lead the new sales cycle, negotiate terms, SLAs and penalties while also managing perennial sales cycles such as renewals.
- As an integrated member of the customer account team(s), this role is primarily responsible for driving growth across Teradata’s business, specifically focusing on the Managed & Success Services and Renewals portfolio. This includes building and maintaining strong partnerships in account planning, positioning, selling and negotiating this portfolio with customers. In doing this, this role will focus on:
- Expanding services into existing services accounts to drive further growth,
- Positioning new services with customers who may not already be consumers (new customer or existing),
- Leveraging the entire ecosystem during renewal planning/uplift discussions and execution
- Responsible to serve as the Subject Matter Expert during the development of territory or account strategies to ensure offers enable maximum business value realization, drive customer satisfaction, consumption and mitigate erosions/cancellations through M&SS Services portfolio and beyond.
Externally / Sales Cycle
- Build in-person and quality customer relationships with existing and prospect customers for the portfolio, doing so through/with the account team.
- Prepare and deliver customer presentations to align with business objectives and ensure common understanding of scope of work and competitive positioning.
- Prepare and develop the full Business Outcomes, Statement of Work (SOW), Profit and Loss Statement (P&L), manage bid review process. and account plan updates across the entire customer ecosystem.
- Ensure revenue and margin growth targets are met. Lead revenue/ARR forecast, resource and outlook processes for assigned territories or accounts.
- Own the renewals cycle for the portfolio, both with straight forward renewals as well as being able to develop ‘save plans’ for potential erosions/cancellations.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Demonstrated experience in managing account relationships and developing new account opportunities.
- Ability to work with multiple Customers at the same time including capturing each engagement’s discussions, notes, follow-up, issues, etc.
- Experience and familiarity with cloud services and architectures.
- Experience with Outsourcing services for Platform, Operations and Application Management.
- Outsourcing experience leading the positioning, scoping (on and off-shore solutions) and developing Outcome based SOW with SLA’s/Penalties.
- Experience in data warehousing architectures and solutions.
- Familiarity with industry standard methodologies and tools.
- Ability to work successfully at the intersection of business and technology and translate/communicate across both.
- Fluent in MS Excel, must be able to navigate detailed P&L modeling worksheets, project and calculate prospective margins, and be savvy in making trade-offs within the offer to optimize gross margin.
- Presence: enthusiastic and high energy, but also poised, confident and extremely professional.
- Innovative and assertive, with the ability to pick up new technologies and assess situations quickly.
- Basic knowledge of and experience with large-scale database technologies (e.g. Netezza, Oracle, Exadata, Teradata, etc.).
- Experience with support, managed services and transaction services including installation, project and contract management, data migration, backup and recovery, business continuity and software implementation.
- Strong commercial and business acumen and analytical abilities.
- Demonstrate personal and professional values consistent with Teradata’s values.
- Be highly collaborative, organized, detail oriented and a stickler for accuracy
Community / Marketing Title: Services Account Manager
Job Category: Sales
Teradata helps businesses unlock value by turning data into their greatest asset. We’re the cloud data analytics platform company, built for a hybrid multi-cloud reality, solving the world's most complex data challenges at scale. Collectively, we endeavor to serve equal parts innovator and contributor. Because our mission isn’t just about the collection of data – it’s about revolutionizing the future of transportation to save lives, optimizing energy costs to make the planet a cleaner place, and using data to predict and identify cancer risks.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Moscow, Moskva RU