Lead Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Administrator
Location: Pune, Maharashtra IN
Requisition Number: 207199
Position Title: Managed Services II+
Skill: Lead Google Cloud Platform Administrator
Job location : Mumbai/ Pune
- The GCP Administrator is responsible for the data warehouse leveraging GCP
- Delivery responsibilities in the areas of cloud network administration, security administration, instantiation, provisioning, optimizing the environment, third party software support.
- Supporting the onsite teams with migration from On premise to Cloud for customers
- Implementing security best practices, and analyzing the partner compatibility
- Manage and support 24x7 GCP environments for multiple customers
- Devise and implement security, operations best practices
- Implementing development, production environment for data warehousing cloud environment
- Backup, Archive and Recovery planning and execution of the cloud based data warehouses
- Throughput monitoring, load balancing, improving the overall system health by optimizing the key GCP resources
Skills & Attributes
- Full Time Bachelors or Masters degree from reputed institute
- 6-10+ years of experience in a Systems Administrator / Engineer role
- Minimum 2 years of GCP hands-on experience with GCP components & APIs
- Strong understanding of GCP capabilities and limitations
- Thorough understanding of Cloud Computing: virtualization technologies, Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service and Software as a Service Cloud delivery models and the current competitive landscape
- Implement and support new and existing customers on Microsoft GCP.
- Working experience in Linux administration, Shell Scripting.
- Thorough understanding of infrastructure (firewalls, load balancers, hypervisor, storage, monitoring, security etc.) and have experience with orchestration to develop a cloud solution
- Should have good knowledge of GCP services for Compute, Storage, Network and OS
- Should have experience in Enterprise VPN and GCP virtual LAN with data center
- Knowledge of IaaS, PaaS, SaaS along with Private, Public and Hybrid Cloud technologies
- Knowledge of monitoring, logging and cost management tools.
- Hands-on experience with database architecture and modeling, RDBMS and No-SQL.
- Should have good understanding of data archive/restore policies.
- Knowledge of other cloud platforms AWS/Azure will be added advantage.
- Working experience on any of the RDBMS like Oracle//DB2/Netezza/Teradata/SQL Server, MySQL.
- Good team player.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language
- Must be willing to provide 24x7 on-call support on a rotational basis with the team.
- Must be willing to travel – both short-term and long-term
- GCP Certified Associate
- ITIL, CISSP or other relevant certifications are desirable
- If certified with VMware skills will be added advantage.
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Administrator
Job Category: Consulting
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pune, Maharashtra IN