Data Modeler / Business Analyst
Location: Prague, Praha CZ
Requisition Number: 207183
Position Title: Technology Consulting II
The Teradata DM/BA’s role is a multi-faceted role, active as part of end-to-end project delivery as well as in pre-sales cycles for business exploration.
Teradata DM/BAs are responsible for the delivery of the business analysis and data design workstream for Teradata services delivery and must have a deep understanding of the fine points of the data arena: data warehousing, big data, data usage, tools, and analytics, in order to extract the correct requirements from our clients and correctly design solution from data perspective.
The role requires potential traveling across the EMEA region.
Responsibilities and duties:
As a DM/BA, you are responsible for the business analysis and data design workstream using Teradata methodologies and processes, including activities such as but not limited to:
- Data design – data modeling, data flow, data transformations
- Workstream scoping, planning and execution
- Requirements elicitation, definition and management (functional, non-functional) and associated documentation lifecycles
- Communications and stakeholder management
- Prototyping and UAT.
- 5+ years’ experience in similar role
- Degrees in Business Management, Computer Science or other related areas is desirable
- Knowledge/Experience in Data warehousing, big data, data modeling and data analysis
- Industry experience from one or more core industries (e.g. finance, insurance, retail, telco)
- Familiarity with both traditional and agile IT project delivery and development cycles
- Requirements documentation and information gathering techniques
- Excellent written and oral English, with experience preparing and managing documentation of senior-level client deliverables
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Detail focussed, resourceful, decisive, composed, problem-solver, flexible and adaptable
- Working effectively in multi-disciplinary and cross-organizational teams
- EU citizenship or permanent residency in CZ.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience (M = Must have; S = Should have)
- Data architecture and data modeling (M)
- Data analysis (M)
- Advanced SQL (M)
- Data integration principles (M)
- Data integration software (S)
- BI tools: specification, development, and use (e.g. Tableau/QlikView/BO) (S)
- Requirements management tools: e.g. JIRA, Jama, Trello (S)
- DataOps and DevOps tools and principles (like git, Jenkins, code automation tools) (S)
What we offer:
- World-class technical training within Teradata University
- Every new hire gets a detailed training plan containing 2 weeks of on-site training about Teradata architecture
- Language courses (Czech, German)
- Relocation bonus (if coming to Prague from abroad)
- 25 days of holiday a year
- Private medical care
- Meal vouchers in the amount of 110 CZK/ day (Teradata contributes 83 CZK/day)
- Company’s contribution to the Pension fund (up to 3% of monthly gross salary)
- Life insurance
- Company’s assistance in case of sickness (25% of your gross base salary) in addition to local regulations
- 3 sick days a year
- Employee referral program (4 000 USD)
- Sports and activities membership program
- Employee stock purchase program
- Contribution of 300 USD for a mobile phone of your choice (every 2 years).
Community / Marketing Title: Data Modeler / Business Analyst
Job Category: Consulting
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Prague, Praha CZ